Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I haven't been overdrawn since March 20th, is it wrong that I've been charged an unauthorised overdraft fee today? I thought they charged the month after, so April would have been the last month I got charged. Might be wrong though. I can't find any information on the website. Is anyone with Nationwide and knows the answer?

• Paid Members
How do blind people use touch screen? Especially with phones. Buttons have little bobbles on don't they, you get none of that with an iPhone.

From what I recall, they wouldnt use a standard Iphone or other style of regular smart phone, they would have a specially made phone which may or may not be touch screen, (normally the latter i'd expect). I think the short answer would be a blind person would need the braille buttons to feel, but it might be worth a google, but a few years ago I had to look into this sort of thing as part of an IT course at college, and found some really interesting stuff, like computurs that basically translate the webpage/screen into Braille for the user.

And also:

If I haven't been overdrawn since March 20th, is it wrong that I've been charged an unauthorised overdraft fee today? I thought they charged the month after, so April would have been the last month I got charged. Might be wrong though. I can't find any information on the website. Is anyone with Nationwide and knows the answer?

The main question is, were you overdrawn at that time? If yes, then no sadly it would be perfectly fine for them to charge you. If no, then that is a problem, and you should pop into the back to sort that out. To be honest, if you pop in and have a word either way, they might sort something out for you.

How do blind people use touch screen? Especially with phones. Buttons have little bobbles on don't they, you get none of that with an iPhone.

From what I recall, they wouldnt use a standard Iphone or other style of regular smart phone, they would have a specially made phone which may or may not be touch screen, (normally the latter i'd expect). I think the short answer would be a blind person would need the braille buttons to feel, but it might be worth a google, but a few years ago I had to look into this sort of thing as part of an IT course at college, and found some really interesting stuff, like computurs that basically translate the webpage/screen into Braille for the user.

I'd have thought it'd still be a touch screen but with some form of screen reader that says what you've run your finger over and then requires a double click to activate. According to the RNIB course I went on a few months back for work there are only about 20,000 Braille readers left in the country with the advent of technology and audiobooks making it obselete. I know for diversity we need to have any helpsheets in pdf format that we can send out to visually impaired folk to use with screen readers.

• Paid Members

Cant articulate this as i'd like to, so bear with me...

Does anyone know of any free software i can download to draw with? I have photoshop and can manipulate existing images, add colour etc but i have never managed to master drawing lines, straight or curved with it.

On MSPaint there is the option to draw a line, then manually manipulate it's curve - a feature like that is what im looking for but in software that can produce clean quality images.

So to summise, either after an online programme which is easy to draw lines with, or, can someone tell me how to draw lines in photoshop?

Cheers.

• Moderators

What you need to do is learn how to use Illustrator.

The thing where you draw the line and manipulate the points on it?

This whole way of doing things is called vector graphics. It's a completely different way of doing things (though Adobe make it as easy as possible to blur the lines between the two), but basically doping things in Illustrator gives you those clean lines that you're after.

It also makes things scaleable to any ratio without any loss of quality.

It's really fun to use, but a bit wierd at first.

Archived