Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

I've been trying to play FM 09 and it's saying that there is no language pack installed, how do you reinstall it? Where does the pack go? I've been trying for hours. Please help!

Are you playing via Steam or straight from the disc?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been trying to play FM 09 and it's saying that there is no language pack installed, how do you reinstall it? Where does the pack go? I've been trying for hours. Please help!

I downloaded it from Steam but don't actually use Steam to play it if that makes sense.

I downloaded it from Steam but don't actually use Steam to play it if that makes sense.
If you go to your games library on Steam, right click on FM. It should give you a list of optional extras like updates etc, sometimes the language pack needs updating. Failing that, try The Dugout FAQ section, usually pretty helpful over there.

As I've mentioned a couple of times in the past, I've recently had a slight promotion as work (now have my hand in HR duties). I will be conducting an interview on Friday, but this time for 2 existing members of staff who are both applying for a promoted role themselves. My manager has asked me to devise a list of 10 things I need to document about each person (strengths, weaknesses etc) for us to "score" during the interview. I need to tailor it to the individual (though some will be duplicated I'm sure). I'm new to this area of interviewing and could do with some ideas on what I could put down to look for. Anyone had similar interviewing experiences and can offer some advice?

I'm sending a fairly important e-mail and sent it to myself to check it looked okay and this was above the body of the message

ExternalClassecxhmmessagePpadding:0pxExternalClassbody.ecxhmmessagesize:10pt;fontfamily:Tahoma

Why is that there and how do I get rid? I tried doing plain format but at first glance the font seemed a bit naff. Also some of the spacing was a bit off with lines being jumped here and there. Cheers for any help.

This is likely a long shot, but I'll ask anyway as I'm pretty desperate.

I'm having trouble installing a new ROM onto my Galaxy S2. The Galaxy S2 is rooted and I thought I'd try out the Resurrection Remix ROM from this site. I also found a massive thread on the ROM with instructions on how to install it.

I downloaded ROM Manager, installed ClockworkMod Recovery, put the Resurrection Remix ROM on my phone and followed the instructions on the thread. I installed the ROM by going through ClockworkMod Recovery and navigating it to the ROM on my phone for it to install the update. I rebooted my phone, and now I get the new start-up screen, but it stops on the Android logo and doesn't load further.

Then I installed a kernel for it called Siyah. This is supposed to work hand-in-hand with the ROM. In honesty, I've no idea what a kernel is but I guessed that could be the problem. I installed it by going through Odin3, putting my phone in download mode and selecting PDA on Odin and selecting the kernel file. Now it adds the kernel start-up screen, but still stops at the Android logo.

I've posted on Android specific forums about this, but thought I'd try all avenues as I'm currently without a phone. Any help would be massively appreciated.

• Moderators

Does anybody know of a website which takes screenshots of websites that you can look back on? Im looking for something which could show me if the wording on a webpage has changed in the alst 24 hours on some terms and conditions. Any ideas?

A cached version of the site may have it. You can find them on google.

• Paid Members

Any gamers on here?My girlfriends little brother is becoming seriously enthralled in online gaming, so much so that he is looking to get one of them Alienware computers specifically for gaming on. I wanted to ask any experienced gamers on here is the spec on this machine was any good? We want to make sure he is getting some decent before spending a lot of money on something that is just for games. Alienware x51 -

I'm looking at creating a website for my wife. No not like that. She has recently started making hand made bags, cushion covers and the like. Turns out she's really good at it, and will eventually move onto bigger things like curtains and bedding. She is selling them privately at the moment, but she wants a website to help advertise them on a larger scale.I know there are some free web hosting sites. I used one myself many years a go called Freewebs (I think). What would be the most suitable and user friendly site to use?My next question is payment, in terms of people buying her products. Paypal seems the obvious choice, but I'm not sure about the legalities of using Paypal in this circumstance. Anyone who has done something similar to help get her off the ground, it would be appreciated.Thanksxx

Archived