Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

I'm having a Firefox problem. Some websites aren't loading properly, in particular Cracked.com. It loads the images and menus at the top and the ad banner (Play.com every time) but nothing underneath. The article doesn't come up. This happens on a fair few sites, usually refreshing/reloading the page sorts it but on Cracked, refreshing doesn't help at all. HOW TO FIX?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm having a Firefox problem. Some websites aren't loading properly, in particular Cracked.com. It loads the images and menus at the top and the ad banner (Play.com every time) but nothing underneath. The article doesn't come up. This happens on a fair few sites, usually refreshing/reloading the page sorts it but on Cracked, refreshing doesn't help at all. HOW TO FIX?

Having the exact same problem with Cracked.com but using Internet Explorer. I have to use Opera to load anything properly on the site. Only been happening for the last week or two and I can't remember installing any updates or anything.

• Paid Members

Mine got incredibly full, incredibly quickly, with messages offering me prescriptions, "university diplomas" and confusing questions like "do you want an extra three inches?" No thanks, I'm tall enough as it is.I'll get me coat.

Regular train users - a 'Super Off Peak Return' - what the fuck will that allow me on the return journey? I'm wanting to return on a Sunday, is any route cool then? Does Sunday count as off peak? The train sites seem particularly unhelpful on the matter unless I'm looking at the wrong pages.Cheers.

• Paid Members

Regular train users - a 'Super Off Peak Return' - what the fuck will that allow me on the return journey? I'm wanting to return on a Sunday, is any route cool then? Does Sunday count as off peak? The train sites seem particularly unhelpful on the matter unless I'm looking at the wrong pages.Cheers.

Any 'reasonable' route is fine, so you can't head to Sunderland from, say, London via Penzance or something. It's often pretty arbitrary, though. And yes, all of Sunday is counted as off-peak.

Any 'reasonable' route is fine, so you can't head to Sunderland from, say, London via Penzance or something. It's often pretty arbitrary, though. And yes, all of Sunday is counted as off-peak.
You're a treat Gladders, cheers. I'm going to navigate from Scarborough to Sunderland in a couple of Sundays, so it's not even a huge distance, I just wanted to know if there were any routes that would be particularly out of action, but there's loads of options for me there.

• Paid Members

You're a treat Gladders, cheers. I'm going to navigate from Scarborough to Sunderland in a couple of Sundays, so it's not even a huge distance, I just wanted to know if there were any routes that would be particularly out of action, but there's loads of options for me there.

Just check the routes ahead of the date as they generally do all their engineering works on a Sunday. You could probably get away on that ticket with going via somewhere like Manchester if that's your journey, actually.

Archived