Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Bo' Selecta interpretation of Trisha Goddard says "Kiss my teeth". No idea if anyone else was saying it beforehand.

Is there any story behind Elisabeth Shue's absence from Karate Kid II? They write her out pretty quickly, but she's never seen on screeen, even in the bits that supposedly take place after the tournament that she was in attendance for?

• Paid Members

Anyone know if there's post tomorrow? Getting annoyed with both Amazon and Royal Mail lately for their poor service. I understand the weather conditions and all that but it's taking the piss with how long I've been waiting when I was guaranteed next day delivery.

I'm pretty sure you can, just as long as you don't take control of the car in anyway. I know a bloke who got charged for being drunk in control of a motor vehicle when he put his keys in the ignition so he could turn the heaters on. It's not illegal to be drunk in a car, to the best of my knowledge.

excellent. I read some where they can have you for intent if you're alone and the keys are to hand. I have no idea on whats legal with sleeping in a car parked some where, and couldn't find many answers on google.

I would definitely advise against this. Even though you don't have the keys on your person or in the ignition you're still technically in charge of the car. As such you CAN be done for drink driving. A guy I work with's brother was done for drink driving for changing a tyre in the pub car park once when he'd had a few. Maybe a bit of a grey area but not worth the risk if a policeman is low on his arrest quota that month.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I've had a go at facebook Poker and quite like the idea of playing with small real money. Nothing serious just a few quid on the table that kind of thing. Are there sites like this about? I haven't done much gambling let alone online.

I've had a go at facebook Poker and quite like the idea of playing with small real money. Nothing serious just a few quid on the table that kind of thing. Are there sites like this about? I haven't done much gambling let alone online.

There are several places online where you can play for small amounts, normally you need to download software but there are a couple of sites which you can play in your browser. If I were you I would stick to British based companies (such as Ladbrokes, Will Hill etc) , as if you are only playing low stakes these sites allow small deposits and small withdrawls, minimum

• Paid Members
Can any one recommend a website for roughly pricing old toys, the lofts getting a sort through and theres a ton of crap from the mid 70's to the mid 90's up there.

If you have an ebay account, do an advanced search and tick the 'completed listings' box.

That'll show you auctions in the last thirty days and what they sold/didnt sell for. Its a good method to get a rough value of something.

• Paid Members
Can any one recommend a website for roughly pricing old toys, the lofts getting a sort through and theres a ton of crap from the mid 70's to the mid 90's up there.

If you have an ebay account, do an advanced search and tick the 'completed listings' box.

That'll show you auctions in the last thirty days and what they sold/didnt sell for. Its a good method to get a rough value of something.

Many thanks, I'll give it a go.

Archived