Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

You cannot possibly compare David Haye to Samuel Peter. Haye has ten times more speed than Peter, his movement is incredible and his ability to get in, hit and get out is much better too. Peter was a fucking chump. He was gassed in two rounds and from then on, he was a punch bag. Lennox Lewis would have punched him out in three rounds max. Klitschko hides behind his jab because his jaw is glass.

Haye is only an inch taller than Peter (6ft 3), and has roughly the same reach (78 inches), which is worrying because Peter looked so fucking small in that ring the other night.

Haye is also lighter than Peter, which won't do him any good either.

Wladimir is almost 6ft 7in and has a reach of 81 inches, all of which he knows how to use to his advantage.

Sure, Haye is faster than Peter, but I doubt he can take even half the punishment that Peter did in that last fight.

Haye would get broken down by Wladimir, although he would certainly have a chance, even if it is slim, of catching him.

As for Vitali? Haye has next to no chance against him.

Although i'll be watching via other means when Haye fights Harrison, I certainly can't blame him for making some money before he fights one of the Klitschko's.

Vitali will be slowing down soon he is 40 next year and Wladamir does have a weak chin and Haye has some power so it isnt a complete forgone conclusion Haye would get slaughtered, after Harrison I cant think of anyone else he can face who would be credible so he may have no choice, the fact Viatli is fighting Shannon Briggs next really shows him and his brothers dont have much choice either outside of Povetin

Haye is too fast to get caught, thats the reason why I think he would do well against either Klitschko. He wouldn't be a stationary target like Peter was and I think Wlad would have a hard time hitting him square on. It'll be the toughest fight of Haye's career but I'm sure with his speed, power and ability to move he'd defeat Wlad and Vitali I'm not sure about.

Haye is too fast to get caught, thats the reason why I think he would do well against either Klitschko.

The problem is, although Haye may not get caught as much as someone like Peter, when he does get caught he's more likely to wobble than Peter would.

Haye has been in trouble during fights before, and the guys who hit him weren't as clinical as the big lads.

The chances of him being able to fight someone like Klitschko and not get caught at all are slim.

Haye looked sharp against Valuev, but watching that guy chasing him was like watching a tanker trying to turn after a speedboat.

Like I said, I think he could trouble Wladimir, even if I doubt he'd be able to put him away, but I doubt he'd have much success against Vitali.

Maybe he's better of to keep fighting in the UK against guys I wouldn't open my window to watch if they were fighting in my back garden.

That's a good gameplan until the Drago twins eventually fuck off.

Peter played Wlad's game though. Wlad basically hit and held Peter. Wlad just threw 1-2s all night and Peter was so predictable that he was virtually a sitting target from round 2 onwards. What irritated me was Wlad continually overhooking Peter and then begging off to the referee, blaming Peter. Robert Byrd favoured him throughout the fight.

If Haye had the right game plan, moved in and out and baited him off the jab, he'd do well. It'll never happen though. Wlad and his people view him as the champ and Haye has decided he will not be second fiddle.

• Paid Members
Peter played Wlad's game though. Wlad basically hit and held Peter. Wlad just threw 1-2s all night and Peter was so predictable that he was virtually a sitting target from round 2 onwards. What irritated me was Wlad continually overhooking Peter and then begging off to the referee, blaming Peter. Robert Byrd favoured him throughout the fight.

If Haye had the right game plan, moved in and out and baited him off the jab, he'd do well. It'll never happen though. Wlad and his people view him as the champ and Haye has decided he will not be second fiddle.

the problem is, the Klitschko's make everyone fight their fight, that's probably what they are best at. Look at any of the last 10 defences, they are all the same.

I ignore Vitali, he's an irrelevance. The problem is that nobody has the right body shape to dictate the fight and Wlad's guys would walk away from anybody that does. Small guys like Chris Byrd and Eddie Chambers can't get past the reach. Bigger guys like Ray Austin don't have the ability. Wlad is the right combination of boxing ability and body shape, working an attritional style. However, he's still beatable. Maybe just not by many, if any, of the current crop.

• Paid Members

for anyone watching tomorrow, right order runs like this:

SKY GO LIVE ON BOX OFFICE AT 18:00 HOURS

Fight # 3 - 18:05 hrs

OFFICIAL ELIMINATOR FOR THE BRITISH SUPER-MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

10 X 3 Minute Rounds

JAMES DEGALE vs. CARL DILKS

Fight # 4 - Follow On

THE VACANT EUROPEAN LIGHT-MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

12 X 3 Minute Rounds

MATTHEW HALL vs. LUKAS KONECNY

Fight # 5 - Follow On