Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I can't see who else Wlad can fight. Since he lost to Lamon Brewster, he's fought every guy there was to fight bar Valuev. Peter, Byrd, Brock, Brewster, Thompson, Chagaev, Chambers. He's beaten 20 guys in the top 50. The way he views it, he's the top guy, everybody should cow-tow to him and I kind of see his point. However, Vitali has fought real fringe guys.

The truth is, Harrison is a chump.

Beating a few journeymen in a sub-standard tournament doesn't mean diddly shit to anyone outside the UK.

Sure, Haye will make some cash from this fight, and that's no bad thing, but he's really gambling because if he loses, there'll be no way anyone will take him seriously as a heavyweight title contender again, especially in the US.

He pulled out against Wladamir because he broke his hand, plus he wasn't at that time a Heavyweight Champion. Now he is so he is entitled to more of a say in the fight. The Klitchsko's are dodging Haye imo, quite why I'm not sure as it would actually add something to the Heavyweight Division which has been so lacking.

For Haye, Harrison was the only 'big, money spinning' fight he could go for at this time, hence why its happening.

Haha, did he fuck have a broken hand. :rolleyes:

The reason for Haye pulling out the Wlad fight was because of a back injury sustained in training, whether or not thats 100% true I don't know but by the reply you've just left I'm sure you have more "inside" information and satirical comment to make about that as well. D'you actually know the reason?

Well, it's already been mentioned on this thread and widely known so it's not really insider information. He pulled out of the original Wladimir Klitschko fight in June last year about a week before Setanta went in to administration and off air in britain. He made public that the only money he was getting from the fight was the Setanta TV money so he would be fighting for nothing bar the title belt. Plus the future 'options' were allegedly shit. He would have been tied down to a re-match with Wlad if he won, then another defence against Vitali.

Gooner is pretty much right in what he said, although it was officially a back injury, as you say, rather than a hand. Fully understandable why he didn't fight then. It's just the stuff since then that has annoyed people a bit.

• Paid Members

anyone know what time Klitchsko/Peter are due in the ring tomorrow night? Sky is going to Germany at 8, but im assuming the fight wont start till a little later than that? anyone know? im working till 8.30 you see. Wanna know if i can make it home in time.

anyone know what time Klitchsko/Peter are due in the ring tomorrow night? Sky is going to Germany at 8, but im assuming the fight wont start till a little later than that? anyone know? im working till 8.30 you see. Wanna know if i can make it home in time.

german main events always start at 10pm. Sky have got Steve Molitor v Jason Booth from Sunderland first in an IBF World Super Bantamweight title fight.

A nice little article from the Ring magazine website about the absolute destruction of Samuel Peter last night;

The fans already are clamoring again for Wladimir Klitschko to fight Davie Haye. If not Haye, the undersized but respected Tomsaz Adamek is seen as a worthy challenger.

The problem is this, though: No one outside Klitschko

Guest Yellowcardy
Haye broke his hand during the Valuev fight apparently.

Yeah thats what I heard too. End of the day everyone wants to see Haye against one of the brothers but at the moment its not looking like it will happen. And as pointed out before, Harrison is a joke but still shouldn't be taken likley...

Edited by Yellowcardy

• Paid Members

All the Klitschko fights look indentical at the moment, just utter control and slow brutal destruction...Saturday wasn't much different, Samuel Peter got beaten up.

Watched Tyson Fury/Rich Power too, there's something so unlikable about Fury, i don't know what it is, maybe it's the swagger? but i don't like the guy...having said that, i do like watching him fight. Rich Power was basically a punching bag in this but i enjoyed it more than the Klitchsko/Peter fight.

Looking forward to the Magnificent Seven now.

All the Klitschko fights look indentical at the moment, just utter control and slow brutal destruction...Saturday wasn't much different, Samuel Peter got beaten up.

Which is why Haye won't fight them if he can choose another option, such as Harrison.

He would meet with the same fate as well.

Which is why Haye won't fight them if he can choose another option, such as Harrison.

I wouldn't go that far, most fighters who fight the Klitschko's barely throw a punch back. Fighting Peter five years after beating him, regardless of the fact Peter put him down three times in the fight with punches that barely connected, showing how vunrable Wladimir's chin is, but Wladimir still won the fight clearly on points. On Saturday he just controlled the fight better, but what else would you expect. Peter can barely move around the ring and Klitschko was not going to make the same mistake twice. Haye is a completly different proposition as not only can he box, but he has the power to seriously trouble Wladimir.

• Paid Members

You cannot possibly compare David Haye to Samuel Peter. Haye has ten times more speed than Peter, his movement is incredible and his ability to get in, hit and get out is much better too. Peter was a fucking chump. He was gassed in two rounds and from then on, he was a punch bag. Lennox Lewis would have punched him out in three rounds max. Klitschko hides behind his jab because his jaw is glass.

I didn't see the stoppage, I'd fallen asleep by that point.

Disappointed that Haye is going to fight Audley because he's better than that. That said, I'll be paying to watch it. For as much as Audley has never done a thing as a pro, that one punch on Michael Sprott was a beauty and he talks a good enough game. If I was Haye, I'd enjoy shutting him up. He must be mental though, because he can kiss the big paydays goodbye if he catches one.

• Paid Members

hatton_early_516_152421a_67704.jpg

Following an emotional meeting with his close family last night, Ricky Hatton is this morning heading into hospital to seek treatment for his current problems.

UK tabloid - News of the World - ran a story on Sunday regarding the former light-welterweight king's drink and drug binges, and posted a clip of Hatton snorting a few lines of cocaine.

During the meeting, Ricky asked for the help of his family and admitted he hadn't realised how his life had got off track recently. He says he feels ashamed at how he has let down his mother & father, son, brother and girlfriend and also apologises to all his fans for his behaviour. The Hitman is now determined to get his life back on track and realises that he needs the professional help that will be available to him in hospital.

Those close to Hatton are deeply concerned about him and are relieved that he has asked for help.

From 411mania.com

At least he's admitting he's got a problem.Hope he gets himself cleaned up.