Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Charles Martin the IBF HW champion, says he's willing to fight Anthony Joshua in London in April, he's not that great and isn't a draw, so this might be the biggest fight for both guys right now, Joshua gets a title shot and fights a guy who probably isn't elite and Martin gets the biggest money fight available right now for him and gets Joshua before he really gets into his prime.

• Paid Members

The whole Joshua card gets announced on Tuesday. Im thinking it isn't Martin because i can't imagine him trying to talk his way into a fight that's already signed. My mate reckons it'll be Bryant Jennings.

• Paid Members

Joshua announcement was delayed yesterday due to last minute negotiations not being completed. Rumors (including a tweet from David Haye) seems to point towards it being a World Title shot at Charles Martin. Wild.

Martin shouldn't be a problem for Joshua I see it being over within 4 rounds, I saw his last fight on the Wilder undercard back in January where he won the belt, he didn't look good at all.

He also beat Raphael Zambano Love who Joshua finished in under 2 rounds, it took Martin 10 to do it in though.

• Paid Members

It's great beating Martin and becoming World Champion but then in reality you should be facing world championship quality fighters which is a HUGE step up for Joshua. 

You get 1 freebie fight with the IBF but then must face there mandatory.

Current rankings....

1 NOT RATED   2 NOT RATED   3 Erkan Teper Germany 4 Anthony Joshua England 5 Carlos Takam France 6 Joshua Parker New Zealand 7 Vyacheslav Glazkov Ukraine 8 Steve Cunningham United States 9 Andy Ruiz Mexico 10 Bermane Stiverne Haiti