Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Looking to hit up the Quigg vs Martinez show at the Manchester Arena on Saturday. A few questions:

Has anybody been to watch boxing there before? Do they have screens up?

I'm looking at getting the cheapest Tier 1 tickets? Is that a decent view? Is it true they upgrade seats if it doesn't sell out??

I went to Haye vs Ruiz there, there were screens for that. I had the cheapest tickets for that as the guy at the box office said the 25 quid ones offered the same view as the 50 quid ones, which were the ones I was buying. The view was sound enough for nosebleed seats, you could see the action without needing to rely on the screens.

• Paid Members

i aint sure if Matchroom have screens up, i assume they will though as it's a fairly big place. You could always get cheap seats and move up but im assuming the MEN will be pretty full Saturday night.

I've seen MMA in the arena, good shit.

Matchroom had screens up at The Bellew Cleverly fight in Liverpool which holds a few thousand less so il assume they will at the MEN. I will tell you tho, ive watched wrestling there and its a big big place, shit view from the nosebleeds. I would never buy a cheap ticket to watch boxing or wrestling again there.

So Floyd Mayweather has apparently been stripped of the WBO title he won in the Pacquiao fight after failing to pay $200,000 to have the fight administered. Timothy Bradley will now become the full champion.

Still made a cool payday out of it though, an estimated $220m so far after taking PPV revenue in account

Edited by WyattSheepMask

So Floyd Mayweather has apparently been stripped of the WBO title he won in the Pacquiao fight after failing to pay $200,000 to have the fight administered. Timothy Bradley will now become the full champion.

Still made a cool payday out of it though, an estimated $220m so far after taking PPV revenue in account

Funny how this is such big news. People who don't know their boxing are under the impression he is no longer a champion. Edited by HeavyT

• Paid Members

Funny how this is such big news. People who don't know their boxing are under the impression he is no longer a champion.

That's because championships in boxing is confusing to the layman. There are umpteen sanctioning bodies with their titles, then you get interim champions and whatnot. And it's not like fighters are of a particular "promotion" that sanctions their own belts, so you can't go, "Well Fighter X is a Matchroom boxer and holds their middleweight belt." It's, "Fighter Y holds the heavyweight belts of Bodies A and B, and the interim belt of Body C."

Yeh it should be. I'm planning on doing the ol' split screen job at home with the Matchroom show on the telly and Frampton on the tablet.

Is Frampton being shown on TV over here? I've had a look and didn't see anything. Crazy if not. I know the Thurman fight was on BT/ESPN

It's on ITV1.

Clashes with the Quigg fight.