Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Loads of shit came out about the show yesterday. A lot of people unhappy and apparently tons of fighting. Best one was classic Frank Warren though...Somebody won a competition and won tickets from Warren and when they turned up they had been sold. 

British boxing needs to get a grip though the pacing of shows is ridiculous. Just can't get my head round it. 

David Price pulled out of his fight with a injury. Was due to be on Channel 5.

• Paid Members

Glad to hear it was the shitfest these two shitarses always promised. Fuck anyone stupid enough to buy it!

It was such a shit fight. The people in the crowd who hadn't fucked off already were understandably sitting on their hands throughout. Even the finish was anti-climatic with Chisora's cornerman just quietly pulling him out.

To be fair though, it's nowhere near as bad as buying a boxing event off Sky Box Office. You'll pay around £20 for one night's boxing on there. Dull fights like Bellew vs Cleverly 2 and Haye vs Harrison were £20 if I'm remembering right.

While Fury vs Chisora was fucking abysmal, at least it's included in the month's subscription. For my £12 this month I've watched and enjoyed Pacquiao vs Algieri, Saunders vs Eubank and Crawford vs Beltran on there.

Loads of shit came out about the show yesterday. A lot of people unhappy and apparently tons of fighting. Best one was classic Frank Warren though...Somebody won a competition and won tickets from Warren and when they turned up they had been sold.

I saw that on twitter. Fucking unbelievable.

I also saw some tweets from people saying that there were cunts going around mugging people for their seats, threatening to beat them up if they wouldn't give up their seat and punches were supposedly thrown. All in front of security who did nothing. Don't know how true that is but I read a few different people tweeting about it yesterday.

• Paid Members

Insane. We actually considered going to the show on Saturday, so glad i didnt now.

The last two weekends have put a real downer on what has been a great year for British boxing. Both shows had positives but overall feeling is a bit of a downer (especially the Warren show), its a shame.

• Paid Members

Wilder due to fight jan/feb for world title against Stiverne which will tell us a lot more about Wilder.

Fury is meant to be going over there to watch the fight. Don't know why unless he really doesn't want Wlad and is trying to get in contention for the winner. 

Can't really fault Fury to much for Saturday but i was surprised how shocking his body looked. Just his whole appearance is a fucking mess. 

Man, that brings back some sad memories. He was a fucking fun fighter to watch. I never really understood why he just... disappeared like that. After one loss.

I think the Calvo fight, the one after his loss, sapped his confidence. He was expected to stop him but it was a boring points decision win. I think his heart went. But yeah, no shame in having Barrera as your only loss.

Ridiculous scenes in Canada this past weekend. Jean Pascal faced Roberto Bolonti which should have set up Pascal for a Kovalev fight. Pascal had Bolonti down in the 2nd round and was hitting him with some good shots. They got tangled and the ref called for a break and as they broke, Pascal hit Bolonti. It was naughty and should have led to a warning or point dedeuction. But Bolonti laid on the floor and wouldn't get up, he pretended to be knocked out. His corner were telling him to stay there and not get up. The doctors came in and declared there was nothing wrong with him but he still laid on the canvas. After 20 minutes they carted him off on a stretcher with an oxygen mask on and ruled the fight a no contest.

• Paid Members

Heard about that. Thought it was weird when it was reported Pascal was laughing as Bolonti was being stretched off. 

In even more shocking/weird news Mayweather was apparently on Facetime with a couple one of whom used to be on his record label (The male) when he shot and killed his partner before turning the gun on himself. 

What the fuck. 

Edited by Fox Piss

• Paid Members

I have seen the Pascal/Bolonti debacle today. It was naughty of Pascal to throw the punch after the ref called break. Pascal clamed he didn't hear the call over the crowd. The only problem with that defence is that the ref was pulling them apart at the time. Bolonti was a fucking joke however. If he is going to try that kind of shit he needs to learn to sell it better. He was out of hospital by 2am the next morning and then straight to the airport to get on the plane back to Argentina. If you are going to try and pull that kind of bullshit he really needs to Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler the thing and spend a couple of days in hospital selling the thing. Just woeful.

• Paid Members

i just saw it, i didn't know the result but it was fascinating to watch it play out.

Bolonti just dug a deeper hole for himself by staying down, he probably wanted to grab a cheeky DQ win and was having a rough second round but once he was down he just stayed there. Steve Bunce summed it up when he said that the actual ring doctor got out of the ring in disgust because he knew Bolonoti was faking it...all whilst the guy was lying on a stretcher with a neck brace on with an oxygen mask strapped to his face. Sheer madness.