Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I read something the other day as well, that Mayweather has two fights left of his career. And after the Maidana rematch he's looking at going out on a fight with Cotto or Pacquiao. A) is either of those fights realistic? I could see a Cotto rematch but I've given up on Floyd vs Manny. And B) is it really two fights and that's it for Floyd, do we reckon? The article I read (can't find it now) said it as if it's definite. He's retired before and come back though. I just get the feeling if he comes out and outclasses Maidana this time, then beats Cotto again say, or fuck it beats Pacquiao, I'd say he should retire with his perfect record intact but I've got a feeling he won't. There'll always be another payday. Look at the business the Canelo fight did, few impressive wins for Canelo and that rematch could be massive. There's the Amir Khan fight as well. I have a hard time imagining Floyd walking away leaving money on the table while he's still fighting so good.

After the Maidana rematch Floyd has two fights left on his contract with Showtime which you would expect if he wins his next three fights he will be at 49-0. Will he rest at sharing that record with Marciano or will he want to go out at 50-0. I think he will want to go out at 50-0 and use that as reasoning for why he is TBE 'The Best Ever'. He said in a interview a few weeks ago that he would be disappointed if the Pacquaio fight ever happened, that says to me he doesn't want it but it could happen and the only reason will be money. Hopefully the rematch with Maidana flops on the PPV side, it did 900k last time which for anyone else would be great, but for Floyd with the money he is getting paid it isn't good enough. The only way I see him facing Pac is if he has no other choice. I don't ever see a rematch with Canelo happening, no way Canelo would fight at 152lbs again and after their first fight, regardless if one judge somehow saw it as a draw, everyone knows Canelo got completely schooled.

Dong's the Chinese equivalent of Tyson Fury or Nikolai Valuev. Very little skill and uses his size to smother the opponent. The ring looked tiny so the other guy had no place to get away from him.

The Rigondeaux fight in Macao was a complete non-event. An accidental headbut after a minute left the Thai guy rolling about like he had been shot. Once he got back up, Rigondeaux gave him a touch of the gloves and a right, left combo that floored him and he couldn't beat the ten count. http://youtu.be/0ruZjugW4xM Counting down the fights to get away from Bob Arum & Top Rank!

• Paid Members

the rumor on twitter is that Chisora's pulling out 'injured' is a cover for the fact that the show hasn't sold enough tickets...believe that if you will.

As much as Fury can come off as an idiot and for all the mistakes he makes this is the 3rd big fight in a row that's been cancelled on him, gotta feel for the guy.