Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

cool, i'll be checking that out.

Dunno if anyone saw the full Showtime broadcast Saturday but Al Bernstein said on there that in his 25 years covering boxing 2013 was by far the best in terms of fight quality. When you've got a guy like Bernstein saying something like that it holds weight and it's hard to disagree, this year has been amazing. I can't see 2014 being any different either, it's gonna be another great year.

• Paid Members
Nah the interview was conducted in Paris. Balding went over there. Tyson and Hatton sitting together on a settee chatting away. Pretty cool. Hatton looked gutted when Tyson said he'd never even heard of Manchester City.

just caught it on the off-chance, enjoyed it. I thought Balding was fishing for some kind of reaction from Tyson at times who must get sick of answering the same questions but he came through ok. The final minute or so where Tyson tells Hatton not to beat himself up was quite touching, Hatton generally looked like he wanted to cry at the end of it, given Hatton's family problems it must have struck a chord with him.

off the point but Vitali Klitschko has vacated his WBC title to concentrate on politics. He's been told he can have a crack at the champion if he ever decided to return.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I thought Balding was being a bit condescending a few times to Tyson. Like when she said something like 'Ricky you obviously think the world of your kids...and Mike, you...have kids too.' What was that about? Then she said something about him going to jail for rape being the worst thing to happen to him. And she looked shocked when he said it wasn't and that the death of his daughter was worse. Like she was trying to say he was more bothered about his own problems than the death of his kid.

Tyson has done plenty of cuntish things in his life. But at least he's trying to change. Doesn't excuse stuff he's done, but what more can he do now? Balding came across like a right shit-stirring, passive aggressive knob at times. Not so much what she said, but the way she said it.

I thought Hatton was going to cry as well at the end. Tyson actually spoke a lot of sense as well in that bit. Especially when he was telling him to make peace with his Mom. Hatton couldn't really argue it.

I've just got the new Hatton and Tyson books as well, so looking forward to reading them. Tyson's book looks like a long read as well. Only

The WBA have elevated Golovkin to super champ so that Murray can face Fletcher who got beat by Billy Joe Saunders for the WBA title on Feb 1st, same bill as Golovkin next defence, it's a disgrace. They just giving away world titles now.

I'm about 100 pages through the Tyson book, I'm enjoying so far, I was fortunate enough to get it for special price downloaded directly onto my kindle for 1.99, got Dennis Bergkamp book too for 99p, hoping I see Hagler's and Hatton's at some point for similar prices.

• Paid Members

Evander noooo!!!

Evander Holyfield has to be one of the saddest cases in boxing, the guy's still in relatively good health and until recently still competeted at a competent level, though against everybody's advice. But if there's ever a case of not how to handle your money correctly, Evander Holyfield wrote the book on that.

Holyfield's covered in the 30 for 30 documentary that covers money, it says he once lived in a 109 room mansion, 109!!!! Guy now hands out meals to the homeless in Manchester and tries to flog BBQ sauce for a few quid.

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

ESPN are showing a load of good stuff over the next week. Can't remember the days but I saw the 30 for 30: No Mas, Chuck Wepner: Real Rocky and Muhammad and Larry documentaries all listed for this week. Plus there are a bunch of them old Ringside things on, Best Rivalries, Best Knockouts.

Tyson has done plenty of cuntish things in his life. But at least he's trying to change. Doesn't excuse stuff he's done, but what more can he do now?

Well, stop making rape jokes and trivialising that he is a rapist for one.

• Paid Members
Tyson has done plenty of cuntish things in his life. But at least he's trying to change. Doesn't excuse stuff he's done, but what more can he do now?

Well, stop making rape jokes and trivialising that he is a rapist for one.

When did he make rape jokes? I'm not saying he didn't, I honestly didn't know he made any. I even just googled 'Mike Tyson makes rape joke' and it's just coming up with something about Comedy Central censoring someone for making a Tyson rape joke during the Charlie Sheen roast.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

The WBC Board of Governors has finished its voting procedure to determine the steps to fill the heavyweight world championship after Vitali Klitschko has been confirmed as WBC Emeritus Champion while he focuses on his political campaign for the presidency of Ukraine. It has been decided to order immediate free negotiations between No. 1 ranked contender and WBC Silver world champion Bermane Stiverne and No. 2 ranked contender and WBC International champion Chris Arreola for the vacant WBC heavyweight world championship. A series of fights will be ordered as final elimination bouts to confirm the two mandatory challengers for the division.

2014 could be a decent year for the heayvweights