Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

anyone seen Mike Tyson - The Undisputed Truth yet? it aired on HBO over the weekend and is the show Tyson is bringing over here next week, it's a pretty good watch and i'd recommend it if you're a Tyson fan. It's like a brief life story really, going through about 6-7 specific moments of his life, no real ground breaking info, but Tyson litters the stuff with humour and whilst he's clearly no polished stage performer i did laugh out loud a couple of times, there's a couple of real sad moments in there as well. I can't wait to get his book.

Pac vs Rios will be on at the usual time (2am-3amish) I assume. Or with it being in China is the time going to be all weird? I'm guessing normal time so they can show it live in the US, right?

10AM(Macau time)=6PMUS(Pacific)=9PMUS(EST)

It's being shown live in the states so that they can rake in the PPV profits. Be weird for people in Macau to watch a fight so early but we know nearly everything is dictated for American time for the big PPV buy rates. Pac/Rios should start around 4am our time. Gonna be a great night.

• Paid Members

Anyone been watching Pacquiao vs Rios 24/7? I haven't seen any yet but I'll try to watch them before Saturday.

Episode 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&a...p;v=ykduSfBkyr4

Episode 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&a...p;v=0CniwgXJQsI

Pacquiao-Rios HBO Face Off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&a...p;v=8k916GihfSs

And I just read that Alex Ariza (Pacquiao's former strength and conditioning trainer and now Rios') kicked Freddie Roach in the chest at a boxing gym in China yesterday after a row between the two camps. What a cunt.

I didn't even know Ariza was working with Rios now. He always seemed a bit of a prick to me on the build up shows to Pacquiao's past fights. So the pairing with Rios is probably an ideal fit for him. It'll be a great fight whatever happens but I'm really hoping for a Pacquiao KO. Rios has a rock chin but I'd love to see Manny smash him.

EDIT - Thanks Rossman and Gooner for the times info.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Rios was the dude making fun of Roach's Parkinsons, and apparently Ariza was doing the same when he kicked out...two peas in a pod.

One thing ive wondered is, how is Pacquiao gonna react with the devastation in the Phillipines? With his political dealings and him being the nost famous guy in the country, its gotta have some kind of psychological effect.

• Paid Members

I was really disappointed with the undercard myself.

Groves/Froch probably just borders on PPV worthy (being kind..) but to throw largely a bunch of one sided fights on the undercard is absolutely wank for a extra

• Paid Members

really? I'd pay for Froch/Groves if there were no other fights on the card, the build up has been absolutely tremendous. Even if the fight goes down to be one-sided and Froch outclasses Groves it'll still be worth the money because as of now i am fucking sold!

But Barry Hearn said it best when he said "21,000 people wouldn't buy tickets to a mis-match"...a lot of people wanna see what goes down.

Undercard has another world title fight a couple of decent domestic fights and domestic showcases, it's a shame Murray & Joshua have dropped off but it's a good looking card.

• Paid Members

I think there playing it dangerous game with the whole restarting PPV.

I think it's a weak card. Maybe i'm in the minority but i really don't give a fuck about watching Luke Campbell fight some doss bag. It wouldn't surprise me at all if all the "home" fighters win on the undercard.

Eddie Hearn said Groves/Froch would only do PPV if he made it a "Monster card" :rolleyes:

• Paid Members
But Barry Hearn said it best when he said "21,000 people wouldn't buy tickets to a mis-match"...

britain-boxing-haye-harrison-2010-9-7-8-40-13.jpg

:laugh: ok, i asked for that.

As for the PPV format, they've already re-launched it, Froch/Kessler apparently did big business this year and that's why this is on PPV, Carl Froch has fallen into that category now, Eddie Hearn would be stupid not to exploit it on Saturday night.