Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Khan a bigger star than Naz... when did this become the comedy thread?

Regardless of what tickles your funny bone I'll stick by this statement I made earlier;

Hamed may have been a bigger star in the UK, but Khan has progressed so fast that he's basically stepped over the majority of UK fighters that he could have spent a few years fighting and headed right for the US where the big money and the big fights are, and has signed with GoldenBoy Promotions.In the end I doubt it matters that Khan isn't big over here. The UK isn't the home of boxing, the US is. He's over there doing the business and will more than likely be at the top of the game for the next ten years or so.When all is said & done, Khan will be regarded higher on an international level than Hamed is, even if the majority of UK boxing fans don't agree.

David Haye and Dereck Chisora's heavyweight showdown on Saturday 14 July will be for the WBO International and WBA Intercontinental titles.

More importantly the winner may face the winner of Rahman vs Povetkin the same night for the WBA World Title

David Haye and Dereck Chisora's heavyweight showdown on Saturday 14 July will be for the WBO International and WBA Intercontinental titles.

More importantly the winner may face the winner of Rahman vs Povetkin the same night for the WBA World Title
Fucking hell. The fact that either of those two could come within touching distance of a heavyweight strap really does show up the alphabet titles for what they are. A joke.

I actually think Haye is championship material, at this stage I think he would beat Viatli as well, Chisora gave him a rough night a few months back.Povetkin is nothing special, Huck had him beat a few months back, Rahman is past it as well. I have Haye at number 2 in the world in who I think is the best behing Wlad.David Price may crash the party soon though, forget Tyson Fury as much as I like him.

was wondering whether Parcel-Force had got on TV, looks like it isnt on.You think the fact that the Haye/Chisora sanctioning debacle will harm any chance of Burns/Mitchell taking place? i wanna see that fight though.

I think the bad press of the main event is why Burns/Mitchell won't be on the card. Add to that it is in a main event fight in it's own right kinda makes sense not to play second fiddle.

• Awards Moderator

I got some tickets through a mate but I doubt I'll be able to make it; I've asked around to see if any of my mates want them as I don't want them going to waste. Price has been talking Sexton up a bit but I can't see it going too far. Like jimufctna24, I can see Price gatecrashing the scene in the next year or two.

• Paid Members

fucking hell :( i was looking forward to that.i just bit the bullet and subscribed to BoxNation, i have to have it for the Haye/Chisora fight but i decided to get it already.The schdule's a bit dry throughout June, do the channel tend to add things last minutes, there's only 1 live show scheduled. Also ive sky plussed the free-view Kessler-Green fight tonight, will it record now im a subscriber? i tried to record a free view program as a non-subscriber and it didnt work.

"While using my nutritional products and protocols Andre's blood and urine were randomly tested twice before his recent bicep injury and all tests were negative. After his positive test was revealed, Andre admitted that he recently took some supplements that were not provided by me and did so without my knowledge." Victor ConteWhat makes it even more crazier is both Peterson & Berto were the fighters who demanded the random drug testing. I'm not sure if Berto is a cheat or if he is just stupid. Another big fight gone astray. Hopefully, nothing happens with Froch/Bute & Pac/Bradley in the forthcoming weeks.

• Awards Moderator

Great display from Price, there. Complete control from the first bell and even when he wobbled Sexton he didn't lose control and just waited to finish him off. He's a class act, Price, and he's going to go through the division quite comfortably until he meets the big guns. Hopefully they'll not throw in him at the deep end too soon because in 18-24 months he could be a real threat. Made up for the lad.

Great display from Price, there. Complete control from the first bell and even when he wobbled Sexton he didn't lose control and just waited to finish him off. He's a class act, Price, and he's going to go through the division quite comfortably until he meets the big guns. Hopefully they'll not throw in him at the deep end too soon because in 18-24 months he could be a real threat. Made up for the lad.

He makes Haye/Chisora/Fury look like pussy cats! If i were them, I would avoid Price like the plague (Fury already has) Finally a real heavyweight prospect & a good role model :thumbsup:

• Awards Moderator

Yeah, I think he could be the real deal but he needs to do this properly. Take a few more matches, get his Lonsdale belt and hopefully knock Fury out in the process and then step up to the big names in the next year or two. He's already got bags of talent but with a bit more honing he really could be a major player in the division.