Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Warren's a conman. Remember when he did the same thing for the Ricky Burns/Miguel Vasquez fight. There were rumblings the fight wasn't going to happen. Warren kept denying, then Vasquez's team produced a doctors note and the fight was cancelled. Turns out the fight wasn't going to happen in the first place because Vasquez's fee wasn't high enough.

They're saying Rigondeaux was having problems getting the visa at the Russian embassy because it was closed until Wednesday. But to get the papers you have to hand your passport in. He somehow manages to fly to the US on Tuesday without said passport. The cynic in me would say Rigo hasn't been paid and fucked off home.

• Paid Members

he's everywhere!!!

Dunno if anyone has seen that Shannon Briggs is in the UK on the hunt for David Haye. There's a bunch of stuff over on IFL, but here's a sitdown interview where he drops the schtick for a proper little interview, comes off as a great guy:

I think the Let's Go Champ stuff was wearing thin because he didn't seem to be getting anywhere near clinching any meaningful fights but i'm still on the bandwagon.

• Paid Members

anyone been following Shannon Briggs 'UK tour' over on IFL? great stuff, guys impossible to dislike, just a crazy huge ball of positive energy. He's apparently fighting in Scotland in May and is gonna be based over here with Eddie Hearn behind him, i love it.

domestic fights this weekend...

Channel 5:

blackwell-Eubank.0.jpg

Sky:

brook-bizier-620x344.jpg

think i'll stick with Channel 5 on the night, Eubank/Blackwell is a proper little grudge match, Blackwell's a guy who has flown under my radar on the UK scene but of the two headline fights that seems to be the more competitive. Brook's seems a routine mandatory, he's a gamer by all accounts though so it should be an entertaining beatdown.

Also in the early hours of this Sunday morning on BoxNation there's the small matter of Andre Ward making his debut at 175lbs against the number 1 contender for Kovalev's IBF title, the undefeated Sullivan Barrera. I'm really looking forward to that one.

• Paid Members

I had thankfully never actually listened to anything perennial UKFF favourite GAD was on. That was until a few minutes ago when he was on Talkshite, shite-talking about boxing.

What an obsequious little wankstain he is. Lived up to every expectation. First off, the sound quality of his interviews was so bad he may as well have been recording while squeezing one out over his shit-box. Second, he tried to pretend he was best mates with everyone. He talked about this South African boxer and "how he'd taken him under his wing", yeah, sure he's delighted that he's got a floppy haired heffer wearing a Cena-suit on his side. Said interview was essentially audio fellatio, as GAD purred "It says you've got losses on you column. I Can't even begin to understand why".