Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Fuck me. Wasn't expecting that. Can't even begrudge him despite detesting him. I definitely had him winning. In a way it's more impressive taking a decision off Klitschko in Germany than a KO would've been. I was sure they were still going to score it for Wlad.

Oh fucking hell he's singing now...

Humble pie time.

I 'm not a fan of his and if you go back through this thread I've knocked his skill set, conditioning, antics and bs talk on more than a few occasion's but credit where it's due.

It was a scrappy fight but Fury looked the winner from round 1, great performance from him, I never thought we would see this day.

• Paid Members

The commentators banging on about Klitschko getting old got boring fast for me. He's hasn't been a spring chicken for ages now but he was still dominant. I just think Fury's awkwardness threw him off and he couldn't time him. I don't think it was age. Klitschko had his best moments in the 11th so it wasn't like he got old overnight. He just couldn't figure Fury out. And coupled with Fury's size, he struggled. It wasn't like either did a great deal, Fury was just nicking a lot of the rounds by being a bit more active.

While I'm on the subject of the commentary, Adam Smith's growly voice grates like fuck on me. Awful announcers voice on him.

I couldn't hear the commentary most of the time because I got a text 15 minutes before the fight inviting me to go and watch it at a pub. It was really fucking rowdy in there. I missed Fury singing because I went outside for a smoke, but I did hear a loud out of tune rendition of Aerosmith coming from inside the pub sung by many of the patrons.

That was absolutely brilliant. 

Agreed.

While it wasn't a technical classic, it was the definition of enthralling. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen for a second!. Probably my favourite boxing experience since I attended Groves vs Froch 1!

Klitschko had his best moments in the 11th so it wasn't like he got old overnight. He just couldn't figure Fury out.

I scored round 11 even. I felt Fury landed his best shots in that round, and only the point deduction meant that it was scored as a tie. I would have to watch it back, but I felt Wlad had his best moments in round 12 (I could be wrong though, as Glenn McCrory scored the final round for Fury)

I agree with your general point though, Wlad just couldn't adapt to Fury's style. I had Fury winning by 2 or 3 points (with the deduction included). Most others had it even wider in Fury's favour.