Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Tysons a legend. The best debut in america since hamed. He won me over tonight. Hard bastard, while still playing up.

Fury is a cunt, cannot wait till he finally mans up and faces David Price so that Pricey gives him the beating he richly deserves

I hope Fury makes Price do his Bambi on ice impression again with a lucky shot, and hopefully it will be in Liverpool. That would be hilarious.

I'd be embarrassed if I was Alexander, he's defending the IBF against British domestic level competition! IBF rankings are pathetic, though.

Fury isn't the best he by a long shot but he's definitely the most entertaining.

Edited by HeavyT

• Moderators
Tysons a legend. The best debut in america since hamed. He won me over tonight. Hard bastard, while still playing up.

Fury is a cunt, cannot wait till he finally mans up and faces David Price so that Pricey gives him the beating he richly deserves

I hope Fury makes Price do his Bambi on ice impression again with a lucky shot, and hopefully it will be in Liverpool. That would be hilarious.

Winner gets Danny Williams!

• Paid Members

Trout V Canelo?

Just watching it and i thought Trout won yet Canelo cruised it on cards and was pretty confident at end AND... Trout thought he lost.

Yet i still think Trout won.

Weird.

Fury isn't the best he by a long shot but he's definitely the most entertaining.

:thumbsup:

As a huge Chisora fan last night was depressing. Fittingly, a friend was messaging me about his girlfriend dumping him during it, that with the Coleplay song Chisora came out to it may have been one of the most depressing hours of my life last night.

The Trout vs Alverez fight was fantastic this morning. I had it close as well, maybe slightly to Alverez but was a bit baffled why Trout thought he had lost before the cards were read, it was not that definitive.

Edited by jimufctna24

I had it a draw, 114-114. Trout consistently landed more shots and was the busier in the rounds but Canelo would score with one or two power punches. Even in the rounds where he threw nothing, he still won them on the judges cards. At the end of round eight, Trout knew with the open scoring, he was down on all of the scorecards by 5 or more points. He needed a KO to win the fight. Probably just resigned to defeat at the end and didn't want to complain.

Lee Selby looked strong and powerful on the Matchroom card. Tom Stalker is 3 fights in and doesn't seem to have the power to hurt his opponents. Scott Cardle vs. Maxi Hughes was a good battle.

Fury's decent enough against the smaller opponents but its going to be the big, stronger fighters who will punish him. His boxing skills are limited and relies on dirty boxing to get through. The leaning, pushing the head down, headlocks and constant clinching. Richie Woodhall was complaining that Cunningham didn't capitalise on the knockdown. How could he, Fury was hugging for the rest of the round. I don't mind the guy because he is entertaining but please no more country singing.

Lee Selby and the young Smith brother who fought lastnight are definatly ones to watch.

I just watched the Alvarez fight and thought he won it. Looked great dodging trouts punches and powerful going forward. He does nothing spectacular but always comes through. It was a strange fight, trout was pressing more than ive ever seen him and alvarez backing up more than ever before. Alvarez also didnt look like he could go at it solid for 12 rounds and seemed gassed in parts, but like i said he looked great on the ropes and has a savage uppercut. Good fight. Be interesting to see where he goes next.

Has anyone been watching the countdown shows the the Mayweather/Guerrero fight?

Is it just me, or does Floyd come across as more grounded in it? Perhaps that stint in prison has given him the kick up the arse he needed?

• Paid Members

I had Canelo beating Trout but it was close. The knockdown was the difference for me. Really good fight. I really like Canelo, his style is fun to watch and he's likeable. Even coming off two losses, I wouldn't be that surprised to see Cotto up next for Canelo. For some reason I can't see Floyd/Canelo happening just yet.

• Paid Members

Is it just me, or does Floyd come across as more grounded in it? Perhaps that stint in prison has given him the kick up the arse he needed?

With Floyd it's how genuine it is. He as creative control (I think) of All Access plus when his infront of a camera he becomes a master.

Probably still burning $100's

I find Guerrero really unlikeable though.

Edited by Fox Piss

Hur hur, I bet he got something else up the arse in prison. LOL rape LOL.

• Paid Members
Why?

The guys not even the best in Britain and he has a fucking title shot, that's why. Do you know anything about boxing?

yeh, but this shit happens all the time in the sport. Do you not know anything about boxing?

Broner & Malignaggi have started talking...

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

pretty sure it'll get picked up by someone, i aint heard anything yet though.

here's the Boxnation lineup for tomorrow night:

7pm - BoxNation's broadcast goes live in freeview

7pm - Gary Sykes v Jon Kays

8pm - BoxNation becomes subscribers only

8pm - Haroon Khan v Brett Fidoe

8.30pm - Deontay Wilder v Audley Harrison

9.30pm - Anthony Ogogo v Kieron Gray

10.10pm - Amir Khan v Julio Diaz

bit of a trimmed down show, better than the stupid long show at Wembley last weekend (Boxnation needs to work on their pacing). Should be a good one.