Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I'm not a fan of Chisora, but I absolutely loath Haye (even to buying the US version of Fight Night: Champion so I don't have his face on the cover). I just hope they beat seven shades of shit out of eachother. If Haye loses, his excuse will be fucking priceless

I wish people would get of their high horse-when was the last time anything interesting happend on the British Boxing scene? Thanks to these 2 so called 'muppets' people are actually talking about Boxing again and that cant be a bad thing. Even the purists can't deny they are a little curious to what is going to go downAnd if these 2 go at it all hammer and tongs for a good 6/7 rounds it may just be the fight o spark some life back into the very dead heavyweight division

But they are not talking about it for good reasons. The fact that the Luxembourg BBofC are able to sanction a fight in this country makes the British BBofC look like complete chumps. Frovh and Khan are British fighters who young figjters can look up to, and don't need to make pre-fright hype into Boyz N' The Hood to get noticed

But they are not talking about it for good reasons. The fact that the Luxembourg BBofC are able to sanction a fight in this country makes the British BBofC look like complete chumps. Frovh and Khan are British fighters who young figjters can look up to, and don't need to make pre-fright hype into Boyz N' The Hood to get noticed

The BBofC dont need any help when it comes to looking like chumpsNever have liked Khan-He seems to be a Prince Naseem wannabe but nowhere near as good or succesful

The BBofC dont need any help when it comes to looking like chumpsNever have liked Khan-He seems to be a Prince Naseem wannabe but nowhere near as good or succesful
Because he's Asian....?

And to think after there first fight all the talk was about the dodgy guy in the hat. Peterson has passed a drugs test now but admitted he took testosterone pellets before the first fight on the recommendation of a doctor for low testosterone. I guess we should know within the next 24 hours if the rematch will go ahead. I can't see him not getting banned and the first fight should be declared a no contest and Khan should get his titles back. Peterson has disgraced himself.

• Paid Members

So how exactly is it that the Luxembourgian commission can sanction a fight in the UK? Also, does it mean West Ham could represent Luxembourg in the Champions League? (One of these questions is serious)

• Paid Members

So how exactly is it that the Luxembourgian commission can sanction a fight in the UK? Also, does it mean West Ham could represent Luxembourg in the Champions League? (One of these questions is serious)

It's a loophole in the European Free trade laws that allows the Luxembourg Boxing Federation, or any other Boxing Federation that is a member of the European Boxing Union for that matter, to licence boxers to fight anywhere within the European Union. Edited by Richie

• Paid Members

Yeah, specifically it's the fact that both BBFC and the Luxemberg group are private (non-government) organisations that charge a fee for a service, so BBFC can't stop their foreign equivalents providing the same service in the UK.

Because he's Asian....?
It has nothing to do with Race, i am not a racist.I followed Hamed from his early days and watching Khan now its clear he did to since everything about him just seems a Hamed clone, right to the point that one of his nicknames is 'king'. Its clear he wishes he was as big a star as Hamed

I wish people would get of their high horse-when was the last time anything interesting happend on the British Boxing scene? Thanks to these 2 so called 'muppets' people are actually talking about Boxing again and that cant be a bad thing. Even the purists can't deny they are a little curious to what is going to go downAnd if these 2 go at it all hammer and tongs for a good 6/7 rounds it may just be the fight o spark some life back into the very dead heavyweight division

Maybe the winner can challenge Tyson Fury to a fight in a caravan park or try to goad Danny Williams out of retirement? They could get the cameras round Danny's house in London and throw stones at his window until he comes out and gets involved in a "right pwopa naughty tear-up".Frank Warren can screen the entire thing on his shitty little channel, and they can try to get sponsorship from the Daily Star or the Sun on Sunday.

I followed Hamed from his early days and watching Khan now its clear he did to since everything about him just seems a Hamed clone, right to the point that one of his nicknames is 'king'. Its clear he wishes he was as big a star as Hamed

I'm not Khan's biggest fan, but he's a bigger star than Hamed ever was. Plus, he's a better fighter as well.