The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Guest Miami 2017

I went to Cheltenham yesterday and had an absolute mare, betting-wise. The day was great - the crowd seemed much more informative than last year, the racing was quality as always. I had Eustace 16/1 antepost, and his IMO poor run was a big disappointment, but I saved the day a little with

Edited by Miami 2017

• Paid Members

Day Two and Denmania is running wild.As most of you are aware I was on Denman ante post at 8-1 and also at 6s and 4s so it was a good day for me. My ante post on him for next years gold cup at 25-1 is also looking pretty good a he was the class horse of that field and will definately improve when he moves out of novice company next year.The majority of my list were non runners and I did not have time to update it that much but I did pick out Burntoakboy in the Coral Cup. He was 16s when I reccomended it and he won today at 10s. I did Well Chief in the Champion some time back but today I did Voy Pur Ustedes as the better ground made him come more into play and I am pleased I did.If the ground gets a lot drier for tomorrow then Black Jack comes right into play as will Mighty Man. I also fancy really strongly Chief Yeoman in the Jewson.Good luck all tomorrow, another day like today and I am going somewhere really nice for a holiday this year.

A year or so ago I found a fun thing to do betting wise on the Betfair forums. Someone had worked out that 1 in 16 games (or soething like that) in the Premiership ends in a 0-0 draw. The rate across all other big leagues/Europe etc is similar.The odds on 1 goal or more in a game in Betfair bounces about anywhere between roughly 1.05 and 1.12.So the idea is that you start with

Edited by cogitoergozoomo