Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Anyone backing hot favourites during this festival is getting kicked squarely in the bollocks. As far as I recall, only 3 have come in over 3 days (Heads OnThe Ground, Gaspara and Denman).edit - Cloudy Lane too

Edited by BurningHammer
Guest Miami 2017
Posted (edited)

What a start! I'm not an expert by any stretch of my overactive imagination, but the bookies made him too strong a favourite - as good a player as he can be, his form is so in and out it's not worth the paper it's written on. It isn't a criticism of Priestley to say I could have beat Barney tonight - he just wasn't all there. Don't let that put you off backing him next week - far from it. If anything, his price will be inflated (when it shouldn't be) and if he's 1/2 or longer, I'll certainly be backing him. Being crap one week for him means nothing the next day, let alone the next week.

 

CURRENT STANDINGS -

Edited by Miami 2017
Guest Dangerous Dave
Posted

Having just enjoyed Ireland V Zimb at cricket I have a tip- always LAY a team rather than backing the other team to win- avoids mega frustration in the case of a TIE.

Posted

ukff (Overall) Leaderboard 1 Max Power Robert Barlow 74 2 The Roaring Lions Midlands Lion 62 3 Pots of Dosh Craig & Lou 58 4 Barney's Bankers Barnett Heights 39 5 The Boring Lions Midlands Lion 31 6 Shaza's Stable Barnett Heights 25 7 CHELTENHAM CHEETAHS JOHN SEARLE 22 glad most of my horses are running today!!!.......but still fancy bottom place!!so whos going to be the 2007 ukff champ....today will solve it all

Posted

What a start! I'm not an expert by any stretch of my overactive imagination, but the bookies made him too strong a favourite - as good a player as he can be, his form is so in and out it's not worth the paper it's written on. It isn't a criticism of Priestley to say I could have beat Barney tonight - he just wasn't all there. Don't let that put you off backing him next week - far from it. If anything, his price will be inflated (when it shouldn't be) and if he's 1/2 or longer, I'll certainly be backing him. Being crap one week for him means nothing the next day, let alone the next week.CURRENT STANDINGS -

  • Paid Members
Posted

Only saw the last 2 yesterday because of work. Did Taranis at 5-1 in the morning, also did Monet's Garden so that went down. Did Character Building, Adamant Approach, Chief Yeoman, and Limited Edition each way so that was 2 placed and 2 fallers. Did Mighty Man in the World Hurdle to win, that obviously came second. Poor McCoy might not have a winner at all. Today's bets2.00Katchit WinDegas Art Win2.35Flight Leader WinJoacci EW3.15Exotic Dancer WinMy Will EW4.00Honourable Spider EW.4.35Pablo Du Charmil WinJacks Craic EW5.20Osana WinArcalis EWThere are a couple of other intersting things at big odds on the Gold Cup. May just have a little look at them as well, but nothing major. I am well up for Cheltenham so I hope to preserve as much of that as possible today.Good luck ro everyone else today.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...