The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Guest Miami 2017

I'm off on the Friday Miami.My view on Kauto is this - He'll either be the machine that he's hyped up to be and win on the bridle by 5 minutes, or he'll fall or not stay. There'll be no inbetween or near miss, I feel that its success or disaster. The dangers to him? Exotic Dancer is the obvious one, but there are still nagging doubts about him getting the trip as well despite his excellent course form. Beef Or Salmon? It would have to rain for 10 years and be run at Leopardstown for him to have a chance. L'ami? Got a lot closer to Kauto than really he should have, and he was receiving 10lb's. Plus McCoy is on Exotic Dancer. State of Play is just a very good handicapper. The Listener also needs soft ground.I take your point about Monkerhostin, as he started favourite 12 months ago, but he's been off the track or most of the year so may lack a bit of race fitness. However, he was the last horse to beat Kauto.

I think it has a lot to do with the jockey. I think I've said previously in this topic, Richard Johnson is determined to hold up every horse he has. I'm not saying he does, but he would like to. When frontrunning, he isn't the same jockey as coming from behind - which seperates him from the McCoy/Walsh level of jockeying. If they gave the ride to someone else, I think Monkerhostin would be all the better for it. He wants to be up there in contention, and then pull away at the close. He runs on under Johnson, but from so far back a place is his only hope. It's almost as though he doesn't expect him to win.I think Kauto will be under pressure, and fall. If they all jumped all fences cleanly, he'd win easily. I just don't think he will. I think it's a case of finding a horse that'll jump round - I'd rather have a Edited by Miami 2017

spent 8 hours trying to pick some selections in all 24 races for the 4 days of cheltenham yesterday......well i am off work and off to the pub for the whole week so got to have an interest in every race.......2 selected per race..........will put all my selections up here in a while.....and will post how they did after the festivalcant wait for tuesday looking forward to it*************************************************************************TUESDAY 13/03/07****************Supreme Novices HurdleWins Now 16/1Roll Along 33/1 Arkle 2007Opera Mundi 33/1 Don't Push It 9/2 Champion Hurdle 2007Straw Bear 7/1 Asian Maze 16/1 William Hill Trophy ChaseSimon 10/1 Juveigneur 9/1 Sporting Index Cross Country Royal Auclair 10/1 Native Jack 8/1 Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap HurdlePancake 12/1 Freeze The Flame 20/1WEDNESDAY 14/03/07*******************Ballymore Properties Novices HurdleTidal Bay 10/1 Wichita Lineman 9/2 Royal & Sun Alliance ChaseDon't Push It 12/1 My Way de Solzen 5/1 Champion Chase 2007Ashley Brook 12/1 Voy Por Ustedes 9/2 Coral CupRefinement 16/1 Farmer Brown 12/1 Kim MuirAn Accordion 12/1 King Revo 12/1 Champion BumperCork All Star 5/1 Fiveforthree 9/1THURSDAY 15/03/07*****************Jewson Novices' Handicap ChaseNew Little Bric 9/2 Flying Enterprise 16/1 Ryanair ChaseOur Vic 4/1 Hi Cloy 12/1 World Hurdle 2007Mighty Man 5/1 Asian Maze 8/1 Racing Post PlateLittle Brick 8/1Opera Mundi 8/1 National Hunt Chase Challenge CupFair Question 7/1 Heltornic 7/1 Pertemps Handicap Hurdle FinalMillenium Royal 9/1 Refinement 12/1FRIDAY 16/03/07**************Triumph HurdlePunjabi 8/1 Freeze The Flame 20/1 Brit Insurance Novices' HurdleSir Jimmy Shand 8/1Black Harry10/1 ****Cheltenham Gold Cup 2007****Beef Or Salmon 14/1 Kingscliff 25/1 Foxhunters ChaseKnife Edge 14/1 Mister Friday 40/1 Grand Annual ChaseAndreas 16/1 Mansony 9/1 County HurdleFair Along 7/1 Sublimity 10/1 ALL BACKED EACH WAY

Edited by cheetah69uk

I'd be up for that definitely.EDIT: I've set up the mini league Cheetah.League Name: ukffPassowrd: Cheltenham

wont let me join...says no such league........are the above league name and password correct???EDIT:...WORKED IT OUT NEEDS TO BE THESE DAMN CAPITALS!!!!League Name: UKFFPassowrd: CHELTENHAMcome on lets have a few others Edited by cheetah69uk

Wins Now in the Supreme Novices is tempting. My uncles horse seems to have been pulled from the Supreme Novices but is still listed as an entry for the Vincent O'Brien Handicap Hurdle. Where he will carry a stone less than he would have in Supreme Novices. The ground will still not favour him barring a tropical heatwave, but at a current 25-1 with Paddy Power I may stick a few quid on each-way.

Wins Now in the Supreme Novices is tempting. My uncles horse seems to have been pulled from the Supreme Novices but is still listed as an entry for the Vincent O'Brien Handicap Hurdle. Where he will carry a stone less than he would have in Supreme Novices. The ground will still not favour him barring a tropical heatwave, but at a current 25-1 with Paddy Power I may stick a few quid on each-way.

What's it called mate?

• Paid Members

My banker I would say will be Denman in the Royal and Sun. I am already on him ante post for the Gold Cup for next year. My list that is a couple of pages back will get updated a bit over the next day or so. Pablo Du Charmil is out of the Arkle, Overstrand as predicted is out of the Champion Hurdle and Kazal is out of the Brit. Kazal won today at Naas at 5/6. I had quite a few quid on him. I may not go two for each race. Some of my profiles have alternate selections and some don't.

What's it called mate?
Cuan na GraiForm hereNeeds a hell of a dry week running up to Cheltenham though.

My banker I would say will be Denman in the Royal and Sun. I am already on him ante post for the Gold Cup for next year. My list that is a couple of pages back will get updated a bit over the next day or so. Pablo Du Charmil is out of the Arkle, Overstrand as predicted is out of the Champion Hurdle and Kazal is out of the Brit. Kazal won today at Naas at 5/6. I had quite a few quid on him. I may not go two for each race. Some of my profiles have alternate selections and some don't.

I can't have Denman at the price that he is. There's gonna be 15ish other horses in the field, and his wins this season have all been in small fields when he can saunter round at his own pace. Plus, I did my conkers in on him last year when he finished second, so I refuse to fall into the same trap!!!!

• Paid Members

I understand your price issues with Denman and your small field issues, but all the really good novice chasers seem to have run in small fields all year, so it will be a shock for all of them. Denman though can make the pace or come from off it. My Way De Solzen would have been the worry for me, but Alan King has taken him out of the Royal and Sun. That is a shame really because I am not sure My Way has enough speed for the Arkle and the Ryanair looks like it will be one of the races of the festival.

I see that Macs Joy is out of the Champion Hurdle. They're dropping like flies.I fancy Boychuk in the Sun Alliance, each way 25-1, especially if the ground keeps drying out. My memory of last years festival is Nicanor cruisng past Denman up the hill, and me cursing!!!!