The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Been an odd Festival so far and a bookmakers' benefit - only the successes of Quevega and Sanctuiare have stopped it being an absolute bloodbath for punters. Master Minded never looked like winning at any point in the Queen Mother and the way things are going I wouldn't be at all surprised to see all 4 of the so-called 'bankers' (Dunguib, Master Minded, Big Buck's and Kauto Star) lose.

The horse to take out of today was Peddlers Cross - this one looks an absolute monster and barring injury could be a force for years to come - if you're wanting to dip your toe into the markets for next year's Festival he's the one you should be doing so with - probably a World Hurdle horse for which he's quoted at 14/1 with Stan James.

Looking ahead to tomorrow, Alfie Sherrin is many people's idea of a good thing in the Pertemps, I personally think Karabak could bustle up Big Buck's.

More good ground horses required for today, the ground is still pretty quick. Can't see many Irish horses winning again, they've all been running in races in ridiculously boggy ground. A couple of tricky handicaps, as well as another red hot favourite (surely this one can't dip as well!)

Not sure if I really fancy anything massively today, so i'm gonna have a few speculative punts at bigger prices. All horses enjoy good ground, and I've tried to stick to low weights in the handicaps.

1:30 - Jered/Copper Bleu/Dave's Dream

2:05 - Don't Push It/Time Electric/Buena Vista

2:40 - Albertas Run/Jack The Giant

3:20 - Tidal Bay

4:00 - My Petra/Song Of Songs/Sunnyhill Boy

4:40 - Faasel/Boychuk/Ma Yahab

Bit of a scattergun approach, but there you go!

• Paid Members

Had a great time at Cheltenham yesterday, but only had 1 winner, Weapons Amnesty. That has been my only winner so far and the way things are going the only 1 I will have.

The sound of silence that greeted Cue Card winning the bumper was priceless. Irish eyes were definately not smiling at that.

More good ground horses required for today, the ground is still pretty quick. Can't see many Irish horses winning again, they've all been running in races in ridiculously boggy ground. A couple of tricky handicaps, as well as another red hot favourite (surely this one can't dip as well!)

Not sure if I really fancy anything massively today, so i'm gonna have a few speculative punts at bigger prices. All horses enjoy good ground, and I've tried to stick to low weights in the handicaps.

1:30 - Jered/Copper Bleu/Dave's Dream

2:05 - Don't Push It/Time Electric/Buena Vista

2:40 - Albertas Run/Jack The Giant

3:20 - Tidal Bay

4:00 - My Petra/Song Of Songs/Sunnyhill Boy

4:40 - Faasel/Boychuk/Ma Yahab

Bit of a scattergun approach, but there you go!

:thumbsup: Good going so far mate. I've had a couple of places today but thats about it.

Had the proverbials on Kauto Star, so i'll just be doing a few little nibbles either side.

1:30 - Westlin Winds/Barizan

2:05 - Bellvano/Inventor/Dee Ee Williams

2:40 - The Betchworth Kid

3:20 - Kauto Star

4:00 - Baby Run

4:40 - Askazar/Fairyland

5:15 - Free World/Moon Over Miami

However, I sink or swim with Kauto. Its been a pretty decent week for me so far, but today is the day....