The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Seeing as its a friendly, Id say its more a case of England being too short. Id never back them at that price in a friendly, but you know for a fact that there will be loads of people lumping on England tonight. Could backfire.

• Paid Members

7.35 at Beverley tonight. Haigh Hall potentially has the class to overcome a bad draw to win that race. Tim Easterby's stable not noted for its first time out winners, but this one won first time up. The write up in the racing post was brilliant and the stable have won this race 4 times in the last 10 years.

One for the Euros, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar of Holland to finish top scorer in the tournament, 50-1 at Ladbrokes.Good outside bet, Huntelaar scores a silly amount of goals for Ajax and consistently gets among them for Holland as well. Should the Dutch get out of their group theres a good chance he might be up there.

• Paid Members

So who is going for what in the Derby? I must admit to not looking at the form yet.

Anyone seen this TaiKai thing betfair have launched?Looks great fun http://taikai.betfair.com.My user name is RichDunn if anyone wants to add me as a friend. Maybe we can get some UKFF tournaments going

We should. That Tai-Kai thing looks quite impressive. Edited by bAzTNM

So who is going for what in the Derby? I must admit to not looking at the form yet.

Mega-hard race this year! The most competitive Derby in a few years. I'll tackle the runners in a short, shrift, and probably completely over-looking way.New Approach won't stay.Rio de la Plata definitely won't stay.I think Curtain Call will stay, but judged solely on this year's performance, he beat little, so it's hard to judge.Tartan Bearer will stay, and has a good chance of winning.If you think Tartan Bearer holds claims, so must Frozen Fire, who only lost out by a short head when they met previously.I don't fancy Dr Fremantle at all.My choice is Casual Conquest. I've backed him because he was incredibly impressive last time is out, will undoubtedly improve, and is unexposed. I'm worried whether he'll take to the track and if his lack of racecourse experience will count against him. But at around 9/2, I think it's a worthwhile risk. He could, potentially, destroy them. You couldn't say that about much of the field.

• 1 month later...