DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Moderators

Ooh one more thing...SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
The timing of this film coming out at the same time this shit is going on with this Austrian guy makes it seem a bit more fucked in a way; like the reality of that type of shit is already on your mind anyway....

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Iron Man

Great stuff, easily the best Marvel adaptation since Spiderman 2. If you know Iron Man already then you know the jist of the plot. Robert Downey is absolutely Tony Stark, perfect casting. If I had one big complaint it would be that whilst Paltrow is pretty hot her acting is pretty ropey at times, but shes easy to ignore.

Make sure you stay until after the end credits because there is something REALLY BIG after them. Marvel fans will have a ~?~ moment.

• Paid Members

Iron ManGreat stuff, easily the best Marvel adaptation since Spiderman 2. If you know Iron Man already then you know the jist of the plot. Robert Downey is absolutely Tony Stark, perfect casting. If I had one big complaint it would be that whilst Paltrow is pretty hot her acting is pretty ropey at times, but shes easy to ignore.Make sure you stay until after the end credits because there is something REALLY BIG after them. Marvel fans will have a ~?~ moment.

bah fuck, i left as soon as credits rolled.what happened?

Watched the original Ealing version of 'The Lady Killers' last night. Really good stuff, with some great turns from Peter Sellers and a hideously-disguised Alec Guiness. Far darker than I thought it would be, and much more richer than I had expected. Really good vintage flick.

• Paid Members

Spoilers i mean its what happens after the credits so durrrr.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjBiVZ2uoeAFrom what i have heard a simler thing happens in the New Hulk flim. So fingers crossed they do a flim based on what was shown therei saw Ironman friday night and also loved it as a comic fan i think some of the changes that have been made you can let slide as they all make sence. Edited by Deacon.Dispair

I'm going to buy some films on Monday. Any recommendations? I would prefer something vaguely comedic or cool - I'm not into horror films. Also, any film/tv bargains you've seen in HMV or Zavvi that are kicking about at the moment?

I'm going to buy some films on Monday. Any recommendations? I would prefer something vaguely comedic or cool - I'm not into horror films. Also, any film/tv bargains you've seen in HMV or Zavvi that are kicking about at the moment?

Office Space - comedy from Mike Judge (King Of The Hill)40 Year Old Virgin - precursor to the likes of Superbad and Knocked UpSwingers - Vince Vaughn and John Favreux in ultimate cool, quotable filmBig Lebowski - If you've not seen this film you have not lived. Awesome Coen bros classic.Van Wilder - funny, cool, gross out comedy in the vain of American PieHarold and Kumar get the munchies - see aboveGoodfellas - the epitomy of cool. In my opinion the greatest film everReign Over Me - Adam Sandler in a serious role. Sad but awesome.Enjoly my friend :thumbsup:

I haven't seen it, but if its anything like the original it can't be that bad.

From what i've heard it's nothing like the original but there's still fun to had with Tom Hanks character. Ladykillers is an absolute masterpiece from beginning to end.

Last really good comedy i saw was Kenny an aussie mockumentary following the life of a porta-loo attendent. Suprisingly great.Also recommend Wild Card Korean Cop Comedy drama with lots of odd comedy moments mixed in with violence and police brutality. Edited by ultimo the great

Woolworths are having a sale on DVDs at the moment, its worth popping in if there is one near you.

• Paid Members

Spoilers i mean its what happens after the credits so durrrr.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjBiVZ2uoeAFrom what i have heard a simler thing happens in the New Hulk flim. So fingers crossed they do a flim based on what was shown therei saw Ironman friday night and also loved it as a comic fan i think some of the changes that have been made you can let slide as they all make sence.
the vids been taken off youtube :(