WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not Lemmings? I love that game i used to have it for my phillips CDi it was class.

Holy crap, someone else who used to have a CD-i.Caesar's World of Boxing was wonderful. Damien Demento as one of your trainers, Paulie from Rocky as your promoter, the ability to work over cuts... man, that game RULED.

Final Fantasy X-2. It is a good game in it's own right, but compared to the 'proper' Final Fantasy series it is shitty. The ridiclious camp banter in every cutscene is also irritating as hell. Still, hasn't stopped me putting 20 hours into it so far, with a lot more left to go...Since I completed Half Life 2 (OMG AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME) that is all I have been playing, but I am part way through Gran Turismo 4 (28% ish if I remember correctly) and GTA: San Andreas (just got on to the third island) so will be dipping back into those at some point. I also have Project: Snowblind, which I traded in 4 old games for in March just for the sake of clearing some space and getting a brand new game out of it, and I still haven't started it so that should get played sometime soon.That lot will probably keep me occupied all Summer, but I may (finally) invest in Golden Sun 2 for GBA after loving the first one so much. I think I may also download a Chrono Trigger ROM again as years ago I started it and loved it but then started playing Final Fantasy 6 and never touched it again.Oh yeah and multiplayer wise: Mario Party 6 (~~~) for when friends around and America's Army for online. For those who still don't know, Americas Army is a free downloadable online multiplayer FPS (http://www.americasarmy.com) and it is awesome.

Edited by Ice

• Awards Moderator

That lot will probably keep me occupied all Summer, but I may (finally) invest in Golden Sun 2 for GBA after loving the first one so much. I think I may also download a Chrono Trigger ROM again as years ago I started it and loved it but then started playing Final Fantasy 6 and never touched it again.

I bought the second one... after not realising that there's a number one to play through first, and the story continues.Worst of all, you can't buy the original fucking ANYWHERE :(

Opinions on Tekken 5 thenGreat game, probably the pinnacle of the series. A retyrn to form after the odd and very slow Tekken 4. Lots of fighters and the story mode has nice comic book style epilogues and prologues and of course some spiffy FMV sequences. The final boss though can be very annoying with some very cheap moves.To pad out the game Namco have also included arcade perfect versions of Tekeen 1-2. Its really funny to look back at the graphics here! Theres alos a mini game called Devil Within. Closest comparsion I can give for this mode is perhaps that old PS1 game 'Fighting Force' though you can transform into a devil! Its a fun diversion from main game.Better than: Tekken 4, Dead or Alive 2 (keeping it to PS2 games)Worse than: Perhaps Soul Calibur 2 though the fighting is different

I've just gone and finished two games in three days me!Monday I completed Broken Sword 3. Good game with some satisfying puzzles but an awful ending. I'll give it a 7.And just now I finished up Klonoa 2 after beginning on Monday night! Needless to say it's an extremely addictive game, the reason why many of us picked up a joypad in the first place - pure fun. It's a 9 for me. Bear in mind it was released 4 years ago and it still holds up as one the best PS2 platformers. Quite an achievement.Going to plough on with Chrono Cross now.Man I love being on holidays from work!

Hows this for hardcore gamer,I'm selling my car to buy a PSP.....(and ice hockey season ticket but PSP mainly)I never thought id do this for gaming.

I respect the intentions but I predict you'll be disappointed.There's no "killer app" available for the PSP yet, so it's not worth getting. Most people who have bought one at this early stage have essentially bought a drawer space filler.Keep the car and wait till the price falls and till there's a decent game available I say.

• Awards Moderator

Anybody got God of War yet? It looks fucking fantastic, I'm off to market to trade shoddy Star Wars licences on Saturday to get a copy.

I decided to get it. It's certainly stunned me so far. I had no idea how far the PS2 could be pushed, but the technology in this game is impressive. It's one of those where you can see things way off in the distance and you end up going there. There are also puzzles which are not difficult to solve, but you have to detach yourself from the things you've been conditioned to by regular gaming. It's hard to describe, but it's more a case of "I shouldn't be able to do that... but I can!"The combat is exciting and dynamic, and random pressing will result in seriously cool combos. Ridiculously bloodthirsty but high fun.Also, it has a menage a trois minigame.Oh and Moo, GamesTM went bonkers over Killer7. It's said to be rock-hard but worth perservering with. Still looks weird, but it does have a wrestler in it :nerd: