WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

Guest Tidus

Disgaea. Oh yes. :)I found it to be a lot like Grandia - at the start it was slow and a little cutesy, but later on the plot and characters really got fleshed out. The dungeons remind me of Grandia too, and that's a good thing. But having said that, both the plot and characters are much better than Grandia. One of the bad guys (it'd be a major spoiler to say which) is my favourite RPG villain since Sephiroth. (Unless you count Hades in Kingdom Hearts, which you probably shouldn't.)The real bonus is the combat system - it's live action with you controlling one guy and the AI doing the rest, so you can concentrate on doing all the whacked-out combos and offense and let the other characters take care of the healing and such - or the other way around, if you prefer. It never gets boring, and even if it does, you can just swap which character you're controlling or start avoiding combat altogether (no random encounters!).Make sure you at least rent it - but remember what I said about the slow start...

I shall check it out then, when I get completely done with Star Ocean and Disgaea. And the slow start shouldn't bother me; I've got Wild Arms..Another game I'm playing that I didn't mention earlier is Super Smash Bros Melee, I only play it with mates but we've been playing it almost everyday for the last month. Super Sudden Death Mode is so addictive.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Cool, another Final Fantasy fan, however, i hate Tidus :p but i'll let you off.Tidus, you on www.adventchildren.net forums????????

Lol, I'm not much of a Tidus fan either but its stuck on forums from when I played it and then used the name in 2002. And no I'm not on the Advent Children forum. It looks pretty cool but meh, give me news of FFXII or another FF game anyday. :p;)
Both of you should be spending less time on message boards and more time playing Tales of Symphonia. See what I wrote about it earlier in the thread. :)
First of all, get on those forums now, or ill eat you Tidus :p Do you support Vincent X Tifa ????? if your a yuffentine fan i dont like you :pI was looking at that game the other day, is it really worth the money??? im so skint right now :(

• Paid Members

After playing the demo for Burnout 4 (xbox), I've started playing Burnout 3 again. Great game for a quick ten minute play.Still going through Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on the xbox, on level ten at the moment.For the pc I'm playing Far Cry again, winning eleven 8LE for ps2 and Hot Shot Golf for the psp.

Brian Lara Cricket 2005 is a steaming fucking turd. The fielding's pretty good but that's about it - there's a swingometer thing and pushing the button at the right time helps the ball fly back at the stumps.EA Cricket is probably a touch too hard, even on easy, whereas on easy this is a joke. It's also got horribly squelchy controls so when you do something there's that lovely couple of seconds pause.Really, really disappointing. If you want a Lara game get the Playstation original for less than

I'm right at the end of Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. It's frustratingly close to being one of the truly great games. It's has some of those annoying niggles that you only start to notice after the game's already taken over your life - bad menu system, no option to reverse the camera controls, games saves automatically moving you back to the start of the dungeon you're in (despite the fact you can save anywhere :confused:) - that kind of thing. Apart from all that, it's superb, despite having the most little one-dimensional storyline ever.And I've been play VF4 Evo again. I'm still not getting any better. I should give up. :(

Replaying Suikoden IV at the moment

I have this sitting in the house waiting to be played. :)

Lovely graphics, but in terms of story depth, characters, soundtrack and general gameplay its not a patch on the first two games in the series, from the PSOne.

Oh :(

• Awards Moderator

I'm right at the end of Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. It's frustratingly close to being one of the truly great games. It's has some of those annoying niggles that you only start to notice after the game's already taken over your life - bad menu system, no option to reverse the camera controls, games saves automatically moving you back to the start of the dungeon you're in (despite the fact you can save anywhere :confused:) - that kind of thing. Apart from all that, it's superb, despite having the most little one-dimensional storyline ever.

It's one of those games that gets so much right you can't help but forgive it. Wonderful soundtrack too.

And I've been play VF4 Evo again.  I'm still not getting any better.  I should give up. :(

If it helps, I haven't improved either :(

Wonderful soundtrack too.

I just love the black demon-looking baddies, and how the music rises in pitch if you bat their lightning back at them. Awesome touch. The imps that sound like they're singing are great, too.I have the version with the Ocarina of Time bonus disc. There's two versions on there - normal and 'master quest'. Presumably I can just go straight to master quest? I'm unlikely to want to play both, but the instructions aren't clear on the differences...Edit: Are you still impressed with God of War? Edited by Spatular

Guest Dan Fears Satan
:omg: I'm losing faith in gaming The only game ive been playing for months is football manager. Could some one give me some suggested titles on ps2 and Xbox that will be that goddamn good that will get me into gaming again?

• Awards Moderator

Wonderful soundtrack too.

I just love the black demon-looking baddies, and how the music rises in pitch if you bat their lightning back at them. Awesome touch. The imps that sound like they're singing are great, too.I have the version with the Ocarina of Time bonus disc. There's two versions on there - normal and 'master quest'. Presumably I can just go straight to master quest? I'm unlikely to want to play both, but the instructions aren't clear on the differences...Edit: Are you still impressed with God of War?
I've never played Master Quest. No reason. It's OoT with extras, so you should really play and complete OoT first if you haven't already.God of War is still great fun, but be warned that it's only for people with an excess of testosterone. Boobies and blood galore.

Guest Ashley

Currently playing "Another code: two memories" on the DS, the main girl in it is called "Ashley" too!.Which is cool. :thumbsup:

Guest Kirk Kaos

Very nice. Was thinking of getting a DS.PLaying GTA: SA at the moment, have got a bit bored with it at the moment though today and bought Silent Hill 4 and Project Zero from Stockport (XBOX).