WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Paid Members

I've been trying out old games for the PS2...and i decided to play dynasty warriors 3. It is an amazing game..so much to unlock and the only problem i have found with it, is that it can become repetitive...Does anyone play this...or am i the only one :omg:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned on the IGN Top 100 thread the other day, the adventure game genre like Broken Sword is a sadly neglected one these days.There really needs to be more games like them, but i don't neccessarily think they have to be 3d.

Maybe a prequal to Broken Sword but hes in america??? and he is actually a secret agent and at the end he is sent to france.

In an ideal world the next Broken Sword installment would:- Be made ;)- Have a much darker atmosphere and interaction between the characters- Be 2D- Resolve the tension between Nico and George- Have a half decent endingBut it isn't an ideal world, so it won't be any of those things unfortunately.On a more on topic note, I'm currently playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant on the PS2. I've barely scratched the surface so far but it looks like I'm going to love this. One of the most original battle systems I've seen in an RPG for a while and what looks to be an immersive storyline. Should make up for the random battles.Also playing PES 4 on the PC. I don't think I even need to comment on that one.

In an ideal world the next Broken Sword installment would:- Be made ;)- Have a much darker atmosphere and interaction between the characters- Be 2D- Resolve the tension between Nico and George- Have a half decent endingBut it isn't an ideal world, so it won't be any of those things unfortunately.On a more on topic note, I'm currently playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant on the PS2. I've barely scratched the surface so far but it looks like I'm going to love this. One of the most original battle systems I've seen in an RPG for a while and what looks to be an immersive storyline. Should make up for the random battles.Also playing PES 4 on the PC. I don't think I even need to comment on that one.

I know? Whats all this about the King arthur thing in Glastonbury???? I would love a new broken sword game. Nicole and George to get married and set up their own business.

Anyway. Killzone's a very solid FPS with fantastic sound and graphics, but it's very shallow and more than a little repetitive. The bad guys are unspectacular, and although it fits nicely with the game's gritty feel, it gets very samey very quickly. You do get multiple characters, but which one you play as doesn't make a huge about of difference to the gameplay. Still, at least it's challenging on Normal difficulty. Worth renting.

I really enjoyed Killzone for what it was - a linear repetitive FPS. I loved the sound and overall look of it, and yeah it got boring but I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as some made out.

• Awards Moderator

I've been trying out old games for the PS2...and i decided to play dynasty warriors 3. It is an amazing game..so much to unlock and the only problem i have found with it, is that it can become repetitive...Does anyone play this...or am i the only one :omg:

I'm a Dynasty Warriors fan... I usually buy the next one, chopping in the most recent as exchange. The stories are funny, the dubbing hilariously bad, and tallying up four-digit kills is fun.The action is repetitive, there's no getting away from it, but feeling like a general as you swathe through bad guys a la Sauron from FOTR, turning the tide of the battle is unbeatable.I've never played it's strategy variation Kessen though. Any players here?

I've recently started playing on Broken Sword 3 after seeing it pimped in this thread and realising that I never got it when it came out due to not having a PS2.

the broken sword games are ace. They are nice and challenging. I have completed them all. Does anyone know if broken sword is just a trilogy or are there plans for a broken sword 4 to be released?
Sadly the third game didn't do the best sales wise which sent shockwaves through the industry and was almost certaintly responsible for the decision to can the new Sam and Max game. The developers of Broken Sword seem to be focusuing on getting the game out on PDAs and a great console for the games is probably the Nintendo DS with its touch screen. I think some people have managed to emulate the Monkey Island games on DS and PSP already.This talk of adventure games has put me in the mood to re-install Grim Fandango, what an awesome game!

• Awards Moderator

Sadly the third game didn't do the best sales wise which sent shockwaves through the industry and was almost certaintly responsible for the decision to can the new Sam and Max game.

But, ah-ha, the author recently re-acquired the rights to the Sam & Max brand so he's off developing again. Edited by Black2

Is Monkey Island and Grim Fandango good?Oh and if anyone has Broken Sword 1 anyone want to sell me it?

Edited by KWF

• Awards Moderator

Cool, where is the cheapest i can find those games.

ISTR you can download a Monkey-only emulator from somewhere so, nothing.Otherwise, go to the shops and/or websites that sell games you lazy sod.

Cool, where is the cheapest i can find those games.

ISTR you can download a Monkey-only emulator from somewhere so, nothing.Otherwise, go to the shops and/or websites that sell games you lazy sod.
I dont like playing games on the pc, are they for ps2?