Jump to content

Good Augene 2024  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

The great Frankie Crisp has asked me to take over this bit of the awards for him.

Cast your votes, discuss your picks. Voting will be open until probably Monday 10th.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Deathrey has been absolute lovely this year. Just a genuinely nice person.

Posted

I'd happily vote for everyone here as they all inspire me in different ways. But went with Devon as someone who I respect massively especially for family support and something I try to do with my own kids.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'd happily vote for everyone here as they all inspire me in different ways. But went with Devon as someone who I respect massively especially for family support and something I try to do with my own kids.

I just called my daughter a knob and laughed my head off after I realised she'd been sitting in the shower with a bowl on her head for 15 minute because she likes the sound of the water hitting it. That's the parenting standard here.

Seriously though, that's lovely of you to say and means loads. Thank you.

  • Members
Posted
48 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

sitting in the shower with a bowl on her head for 15 minute because she likes the sound of the water hitting it.

I'll be honest, this sounds really soothing.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Aye not to get too soppy or anything but a lot of posts on here from Devon have had me go “wow he sounds like a great Dad”.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Just now, FLips said:

Aye not to get too soppy or anything but a lot of posts on here from Devon have had me go “wow he sounds like a great Dad”.

Yeah, as a relatively new dad myself, I find @Devon Malcolm’s posts about fatherhood genuinely aspirational.

Posted

Same, I read Dev's posts and hope I can be half as supportive and amazing to my kids as he is to his.

And the water droplets is really soothing! We have a water pump that drops water in to the pond like a little waterfall. My boy loves sleeping with the window open so he can hear it

  • Paid Members
Posted

I was going to reply to these lovely posts last night but I got emotional and then 17yo started asking me whether he should go and get a pizza (can confirm he did go and get a pizza) and that became a half-hour debate and I forgot.

But yes, you're all too nice. I don't know if this is the best place to post this as there are threads in off-topic about this but being a dad didn't come naturally to me. It took me until 16yo came along for me to really get it. I don't want it to sound like I was dropping 17yo on his head and putting bleach on his arse or anything when he was a baby but the difficulties I faced when he was born were ones that I learned from when 16yo came along. I'm definitely a much, much better parent now than I was 10 years ago. I think I came into my own when I became a single one. I had to deal with everything and it focused me a lot more on what I was doing.

Unfortunately I'm the sort of person who has that brain where I always focus in on my mistakes and things I've done wrong rather than where I've gone right. So to see other parents and people in general on here say such nice things is a shock to me because my brain never accepts compliments well, but also really nice and genuinely appreciated. Thank you.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...