I've Never Seen Starwars

• Paid Members

I've not seen Withnail & I, but know I probably should because I hear it's a banger. I have, rather oddly, seen Rita, Sue & Bob Too 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

I've not seen Withnail & I, but know I probably should because I hear it's a banger. I have, rather oddly, seen Rita, Sue & Bob Too 

I'm biased, but yes, you should. For me, it's the dialogue that stands out, but it's a weird, fun little story. Disturbing and bittersweet as well.

• Paid Members

Withnail & I is maybe my favourite film. Certainly one I've watched more than almost any other. Every single line is quotable, there's not a bad performance in it, and the soundtrack is fantastic. 

• Awards Moderator
On 9/11/2024 at 4:45 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Jurassic Park is probably my favourite film of all time. None of the others would be in my top 100.

It’s in my all time top 3. (It also has my favourite moment of any film - the first time they see the dinosaurs is perfect). I love it for the reasons everyone has mentioned in this, but also because of the incredible music.

Here is John Williams conducting the theme with the Vienna Philharmonic.

This is what happens to me every time I hear this:

- Hairs on my arms stand on end

- Bottom lip starts to wobble

- Lump in the throat

- Mouth starts getting a bit dry

- Eyes are watering now

- Did I just sob? Yes, I’m sobbing

- Now full on crying

- And I’m a complete mess.

I’m even worse when I watch the video. Can you imagine being in that room? I’d just be an emotional puddle the entire time.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

A few years ago we went to watch Jurassic Park with the accompanying orchestral score, it was incredible! 

Yes we did this too, at the Royal Albert Hall. We’ve got the same with Ghostbuster there next month.

We got married on a ship 14 years ago and they gave us a short list of classical pieces to have whilst waiting for the bride. I chose the least offensive one. The day before, I suddenly had a realisation that I should have just asked for the Jurassic Park theme so emailed them from my phone in Dorothy Perkins. The ship emailed right back and said that was no problem, and so it was. We decided in the end to keep it going for the bridal march, so my wife walked up the isle just as it started picking up. It was rather mega, I won’t lie.