Joke and Phrase Retirement Home

gmoney

• Members
5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

A song features on something recently popular and all the YouTube comments on the video for the song are “Stranger Things brought me here” etc.

"Anyone here in 2024? ???" 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I vote Carbomb have no say on what is and what isn't a tired joke. 

Piss off, I tell bad jokes, not tired ones.

1 hour ago, deathrey said:

I know this is not a joke but the 'GOAT' or 'GOATed' is so so over used that any old fucker can be GOATed for any old unremarkable thing 

I'd completely missed it becoming a good thing so for years I'd taken it as a negative thing as it was when I were a lad (as in short for scapegoat) so when people called Ronaldo the goat, I'd just assumed he'd missed an open goal and that's cost them the game. Took me ages to catch up with the youth twisting things. Bloody kids today taking things and making it common usage to use things as the opposite of their meaning. It literally makes my blood boil it does.

1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

Anything to do with giving someone their flowers. It was a twitter thing. Then I started seeing it on here and I wanted to downvote the fuck out of you. 

I'd genuinely thought it was a Japanese wrestling thing so didn't know it was Twitter shit. Due to the big ceremonies including flowers and so on for someone winning a tournament or getting a big retirement ceremony. Every day is a school day.

Edited by lanky316

• Members
7 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

Bloody kids today taking things and making it common usage to use things as the opposite of their meaning. It literally makes my blood boil it does.

Like when we started using bad for good? (NOT BAD MEANING BAD BUT BAD MEANING GOOD!) 

23 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'd say this entire thread is "Old Man Yells At Cloud", but I'd be worried that would get chucked in as well.

As it’s a Simpsons reference, it gets a pass. 

Some more that have come to mind. Rizz. Drip. Living my best life. I’m in my____era. Speak truth to power. Rest in power. Speaking my truth.

And a few gaming terms that I overhear when playing online. Clutch, GG and tryhard. I don’t get the last one. It’s a competitive game. Isn’t everyone supposed to be trying to win?