AEW Forbidden Door 2024 Discussion

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Tonight! Card looks like it'll be 9 hours long.

t* AEW World Championship Match: Swerve Strickland vs. Will Ospreay
* TNT Championship Ladder Match: Jack Perry vs. Lio Rush vs. Dante Martin vs. Mark Briscoe vs. Konosuke Takeshita vs. El Phantasmo
* AEW Women’s World Championship Match: Toni Storm vs. Mina Shirakawa
* AEW TBS & NJPW STRONG Women’s Championship Match: Mercedes Mone vs. Stephanie Vaquer
* IWGP World Heavyweight Championship Match: Jon Moxley vs. Tetsuya Naito
* Owen Hart Cup Tournament Quarterfinal Match: Bryan Danielson vs. Shingo Takagi
* Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Orange Cassidy
* MJF vs. Hechicero
* Chris Jericho, Big Bill & Mystery Partner vs. Samoa Joe, HOOK and Katsuyori Shibata
* The Young Bucks & Kazuchika Okada vs. The Acclaimed & Hiroshi Tanahashi

ZERO HOUR

* Owen Hart Cup Tournament Quarterfinal Match: Mariah May vs. Saraya
* Yota Tsuji, Hiromu Takahashi & Titan vs. The Lucha Bros & Mistico
* Kris Statlander & Momo Watanabe vs. Willow Nightingale & Tam Nakano

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So New Japan are going back to Naito as champ? I can't think of a company since WCW who's had more trouble building new stars, they even fucked it with him years back.

What's the issue? Is it the booking or are the new, younger guys not good enough?

42 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

What's the issue? Is it the booking or are the new, younger guys not good enough?

I feel like it's been a bit of both but definitely a lot to do with badly pushing guys who are quite obviously not the one, like EVIL and Sanada.

I'd say Naito was almost there at a time but they didn't pull the trigger when he was bubbling over, when they finally did it felt forced and too late.

Sometimes more isn’t good, we bemoaned for years about WWE putting matches on PPVs for the sake of getting bodies on which is why they’ve streamlined back to only putting big cards in for Big 5 shows and putting 5-6 match cards for lesser shows

Between the Zero Hour and Main Card, AEW are putting on 14 matches tonight, including 5 title matches, two of which involve NJPW titles, two Owen Hart Tournament matches, 3 Trios matches, a 4 way tag match with nothing at stake and 2 matches thrown together for the sake of it, meaning by the time the main event comes around, Swerve and Ospreay are going to have to do a hell of a job reviving a burnt out crowd

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I feel like it's been a bit of both but definitely a lot to do with badly pushing guys who are quite obviously not the one, like EVIL and Sanada.

I'd say Naito was almost there at a time but they didn't pull the trigger when he was bubbling over, when they finally did it felt forced and too late.

Tsuji is the guy for me. That smile is money. 

3 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Tsuji is the guy for me. That smile is money. 

Yeah him and Shota seem to be the two that could be the next big thing, but could argue the Japanese wrestler with the most potential isn't even a NJPW signed talent.. Takeshita, but he is in the G1 Climax.