• Paid Members

I don't think I'd enjoy the feeling of the lenses in my eye. I remember wearing glasses a little bit when I was about 3-4, then nothing until I was about 9, I've worn glasses ever since. When I was getting towards the end of high school I had some with a graduated tint to try and protect my eyes from the sun, but so I could still read and the like. This combined with my long hair and beard for some reason got me the nickname Jesus. 

Nowadays I've got these tenner plastic sunglasses that fit over my regular glasses. They do the job for me just right. 

As far as cleaning them we have some of those glasses/screen wipes in a big box from the poundshop. I always forget to use them, though. Sometimes we'll pop them through the glass washer in the pub. 

I've been wearing glasses since I was 11 and it's shit because now they're part of how I look so when I take them off I one million percent look like this.

200.webp?cid=790b76119a8j9ix83o079a2fhba

I'm in the Cleans My Glasses With The Bottom Of My T-Shirt crew.

9 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

I'm in the Cleans My Glasses With The Bottom Of My T-Shirt crew.

I used to have one pair of boxers that had particularly nice material for cleaning glasses so I used to use that on occasion.

No, not while I was wearing them.

Im an absolute shitshow when it comes to glasses. I've only got one pair, and I need them to go about my day, but I've been playing it fast and loose with my ability to see for weeks. I regularly fall asleep with them on, and inevitably they've broke in two different places. No, no. I haven't used sellotape, but you can see the glue from 10 paces. I haven't done a very good job. I like to keep them clean though. I find industrial strength Dettol wipes are just the ticket for removing dirt, grime, and any protective coating that might have been there initially. I should really get round to ordering a new pair seeing as they cost me less than £20 from some spex2u site. 

22 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Ever lose a contact lens but not be sure if it fell out or rolled to the back of your eye ball or not? That’s always fun.

Ok now I'm going to out myself as even more of a weirdo than I already am.

Again this is a huge phobia of mine. Once when I was young and drunk and trying to take out my lenses, for ages I couldn't find it so asked my brother in law as I was exasperated, "Mate can you see my lens?" to which he replied "Yeah its on the sink" meaning that for half an hour I was just pulling on my actual eyeball! Lovely.

So now, when I take out my lenses I say to myself "That's the left lens from my left eye and that's the right lens from my right eye" meaning there can be no ambiguity as to whether I've taken them out or not and I don't wake up wondering if I have taken them out. Sometimes I repeat the phrase 2 or 3 times.

I also flick the light switch on and off 37 times so I don't die in the night, but that's unrelated :)

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I used to wear contacts daily as I hated how I looked in glasses. I'm sure they have improved over the years but I had the monthly disposables you'd keep in for 30 days and I'd often wake up to my eyelids seemingly being stuck together. I can't be arsed with the faff these days so I just wear glasses. 

I do remember being on a lads holiday about 20 years back and diving into the pool with lenses in and my eyes open. I spent about an hour immediately after in a mirror poking around in a panic thinking they'd gone behind my eyeballs. Never again. 

Edited by Bus Surfer
Should have gone to Specsavers

• Paid Members

Luckily my glasses seem fine and I hardly ever clean them. They’re for epilepsy though, not vision, so maybe it’s a different lens that stays clean better.

Anyway - someone I know licks his glasses like he’s a dog, then wipes them on his shirt. He reckons that’s the best way of cleaning them, don’t knock it until you try it I guess! 

Posted (edited)

I use the glasses wipes from Poundland! In my experience these do the best job and a bargain hahaha

Healthpoint spectacle wipes they are called in a mainly white box.

Do not use the lidls ones they are fucking shit.

Edit - I also prefer window faced cunt

Edited by thevestofdeanambrose