Ring Of Fire: Fury vs Usyk - May 18 🇸🇦🥊

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

anyone putting a wager on? i've pushed boat out and put a full £5 pound on it. 

Usyk on points, Cordina on points, Opetaia by stoppage. Returns me £50 which pays for the PPV and the obscene amount of snacks i'll be buying. Roll on 5pm.

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

anyone putting a wager on? i've pushed boat out and put a full £5 pound on it. 

Usyk on points, Cordina on points, Opetaia by stoppage. Returns me £50 which pays for the PPV and the obscene amount of snacks i'll be buying. Roll on 5pm.

I like the look of you bet, the only one out of that I'm a little unsure of is Opetaia stopping Bredis.

I've put a £5 bet on Usyk to win and on Arwenal tomorrow winning the Premier League title as a double,  returns back almost £90.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I've read a few bits in the week that suggest Breidis might just be there to pick up a cheque, and Opetaia isn't gonna mess about. I'll have him by stoppage.

Here's rough idea of ring walks:

Screenshot_20240518-160020_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.8399ebc85c6d34981932b929b8b6d619.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

On 5/17/2024 at 9:21 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

I've got a good record of predicting fights recently, but I'm not convinced with this one.

My gut says Tyson finishes him, and fairly easily. Maybe within 6 to 8 rounds. Don't know why, think just falling back on the old maxim of a good biggun beating a good littlun.

I hope I'm wrong. If life was in any way fair, Usyk wins, but it's not.

Up until Round 8, I thought I was going to be right.

Anywho, my heart is full. Amazing. I had Usyk by 1 or 2 in the end.

Fury saying Usyk only won because the judges favoured a country at war can fuck all the way off. 

SLAVA UKRAINE!

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Had to check the date on my watch after Fury wished everyone a Happy New Year. 

Yeah, Usyk must’ve hit him even harder than it looked.

IMG_9074.thumb.jpeg.0c97987fc6c6e025d8abf62b383ef034.jpeg

Unbelievable fight. I really wasn’t liking the way it was looking for Usyk in the first half of the fight but that home stretch was something else. The drama when he was smacking Fury around like a pinball machine was off the charts. Usyk might well be the #1 P4P now. Insane resume when you look at what he’s done at both Cruiserweight and Heavyweight. 

What a performance from usyk. Cool, calm, composed and simply brilliant.

Tyson had some great moments and looked like he could really stamp some authority and run away with it, but usyk wasn't having a bar of it. And anyway, tyson just didn't capitalise on the good work he done 

Brilliant from usyk from the get go, held his shape all night 

• Paid Members

Absolutely. There’s nothing to dislike about him.

While I’m here, thought this was cool. Mairis Breidis and Jai Opetaia just can’t escape each other.

IMG_9107.jpeg

1 minute ago, wandshogun09 said:

Absolutely. There’s nothing to dislike about him.

I sort of agree. That said, I think because of how aware he is of the fine margins of Heavyweight boxing, he's definitely developed a habit of complaining to the ref on every infraction - legitimate or not. Some of the lowblows he was annoyed about last night weren't.

But I still love him. He's amazing. A delightful oddball who just seems like a good bloke.

What I like most about the performance last night was how it both was and wasn't a textbook Usyk performance. It was to the degree that he often starts slow, builds into the fight and then breaks your height. He fights like his opponent is a frog that needs to be boiled, starts them off in cold water and slowly turns up the heat.

That said, it wasn't a textbook performance in that he didn't really learn on the job; he wasn't making tweaks, analysing Fury in real time and making the changes necessary to win. This wasn't Usyk the professor, this was Usyk the barbarian. He had a plan and he stuck to it, even when - between rounds 3 and 6 - it seemed like he just didn't have the power to keep Fury away or put him on his heels. It got bad in that period, and I thought Fury was going to finish him. Fair fucks to Usyk that, in spite of all available evidence, he stuck to his plan of keeping Fury moving, pushing him back with his forward movement and eventually landing a shot that would change the fight. At one point that looked as likely as me executing a plan of getting a date with Katy Perry.

I thought rounds 1/2 were Usyk's, 3-7 was arguably Fury's fight and then round 8 onwards Usyk took over. I think. I got swept up in it and didn't score it properly.

Great fight. Great man.