UFC 300 - Pereira vs Hill - Apr 13 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Funny that the 200 thread was started on March 17th, FOUR months before the show. It was just a different time back then. Full of big characters (good and bad), matches and fighters you REALLY wanted to see, and a knowledge that the UFC really did give a shit about putting on a big, memorable show (their income depended on it). All of that is now gone, for me at least. There was also 199 on June 4th, then a two week gap to a fight night, then another three week gap until the 200 fight weekend. Plenty of time for people to get hyped for the show.

This is a fantastic show, from bottom to top, but with the exception of one or two (ie, Max, Gaethje, etc), its just a bunch of really good fighters that I have no investment in at all. Theyre just there. The UFC plan of making the brand the selling point, not the fighter, is complete, and this show is a big indicator of that for me.

• Paid Members

Literally no clue on the main event. Hill's been inactive and i feel like i'm discounting his achievments. The whole title win and his reaction afterwards was weird and hes coming back super early from a bad injury so who know's what he's bringing. All signs lead to Pereira to win, but im really not sure.

Im taking Gaethje in the BMF fight. Fight weeks has started to have me feel it for Holloway but im sticking with my original pick.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I’m going Pereira, Zhang and I’ve come around to thinking Max might pull it off the closer it’s gotten. Admittedly the Pereira and Max picks have a touch of wishful thinking to them, wouldn’t say I’m hugely confident in either getting the W tonight but I’m leaning towards both and hoping they win. Pretty sure of a Zhang win but we’ll see. Further down the card I’m actually thinking Tsarukyan might spoil the Oliveira comeback and Bo Nickal is gonna squash Brundage, obvs. 

On the prelims I’m fancying Aljo to beat Kattar, Jiri to KO Rakic and, fuck it, Harrison to finally put Holm out of OUR misery. Got Yusuff over Lopes as well, Turner over Moicano and Andrade over Rodrigues. Miller vs Green I’m about a dead 50/50 on but I’ll go with Miller because it’s the result I want. And I think Figgy decks Garbrandt in the curtain jerker.

IMG_6128.thumb.jpeg.f94308d76dc1ef646426b70719bb611c.jpeg

Oh and while I’m here, a fan caught this video last night of Jiri Prochazka just standing there, staring out the T-Mobile Arena. He was out there for at least 20 minutes according to this guy 🤣 Jiri’s a different type of cat. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I’ll post more when I’ve had a sleep and caught up on the stuff I missed but, fuck me, what a show. Loads of good stuff to talk about but Max Fucking Holloway man! 

IMG_6296.jpeg

I haven't watched a full UFC show in a long, long time but sat through every fight and had a grand ol' time. @wandshogun09 your previews are priceless for someone like me who knows the names but not the backgrounds, and forgets results of fights almost as soon as they've happened, so thank you! 😂 But reading them meant I enjoyed fights such as the main event, Holm/Harrison, and Miller/Green a lot more than I would have otherwise. My jaw dropped at the ending stretch of both Holloway/Gaethje and Pereira/Hill, entertaining stuff!

Sod the Holloway finish, that Pereira finish was insane!

The no sell of the low blow, telling Herb Dean to fuck off and then knocking him out 5 seconds later.

spacer.png

Absolute Badass.

Edited by TildeGuy~!