UFC 300 - Pereira vs Hill - Apr 13 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Fight week Kayla Harrison in the UFC kit is something I never really thought we’d see. Will she make 135?

IMG_5186.thumb.jpeg.a43da665aa63359377b48b88af450bac.jpeg

I think so. But the question is at what cost? I really hope it works out for her because Bantamweight is in dire need for something new. And the alternative, a Holm win, probably sees her get another title shot. Especially as she’s already 2-0 over the current champ. Pennington vs Holm 3 anyone? Anyone at all? 

Yeah, thought not. 

Holy shit this just got bigger for the fighters on the card to get out and try to steal the show.

Dana white just increased the bonuses for one night only too 300 grand. 

I was excited and having high expectations for this one but it just got pushed a little higher so pumped 

I don't watch mma but I might watch this one. I did watch it for a bit years ago.  I remember ufc 200. I think John Jones was supposed to headline. Then he failed a drugs test or something. Then Connor Mcgregger was then he got injured I think. I think it was Amanda nunes in the end that headlined. From what I read she is regarded as the greatest female mma fighter ever but I don't think she was at the time. It was before she beat Rousey. 

Edited by no user name

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Kayla Harrison made 135.

IMG_5780.thumb.jpeg.e8869ed97f6d80882dfb07e512f5c1ba.jpeg

It’s weird but the most intriguing aspect of this fight to me was whether she’d make weight or not. So this fight has almost already peaked for me now. The fight itself, I’m not expecting much from it. Hopefully it’s better than I’m picturing it but the prospect of a 40-odd year Holm who hasn’t had an enjoyable fight in years vs a badly weight drained Harrison…it doesn’t fill me with optimism. Hope I’m wrong and Kayla absolutely bulldozes the dullard but it feels like of all the great fights on this card, this one has the highest chance of shitting the bed. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Part of me envisions Holly sidestepping around the outside potshotting to a 3 round decision.

Nightmare fuel. Yeah it’s gonna happen isn’t it? Pennington vs Holm 3 here we come. 

IMG_8947.gif

• Paid Members

If anyone fancies a little sprinkle on this later, and taking into consideration that the bonuses are 300k. A £1 bet on every fight finishing inside the distance returns about £600. Worth a nugget.

• Paid Members

Just looked back at the UFC 200 thread on here. 74 fucking pages!! Times have changed…

IMG_5955.jpeg.f7515882251ebfd5edd6936a563cfc4e.jpeg

Obviously there was more to talk about with 200. McGregor vs Diaz 2 initially being planned for it, Holm vs Rousey 2 being rumoured at one point, Aldo returning coming off that disastrous 13 seconds against Conor in his previous fight etc. Then there was the whole madness with Jon Jones getting USADA’d and fucking up the Cormier rematch leading to Anderson Silva stepping in at the eleventh hour. There was a LOT going on. And of course, Brock Lesnar coming back against Mark Hunt was a massive talking point on here in 2016. Goes without saying, on this forum, any time a big pro wrestling star makes the jump it’s gonna get more attention.

But still, 74 bastard pages. And here we are on UFC 300 fight day and we’re only on page 2. 

IMG_0191.jpeg