AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I can forgive all the potholes, just for the way he delivers, “FRAGILE COUNTDOWN!”

Hater of the year.

Did you see his promo on collision including a greatest hits of Nige and Bry edited to be all Nigel’s best bit? Glorious 

• Paid Members

I suspect TV rights deals chat might belong with the ratings chat in terms of interest but the first real details/rumours about the new TV deal seem to be coming out now (from actual journalists not wrestling "journalists"). 

Word is that it'll be a 3 year deal (with an optional 4th year) for $170m per year -they are currently on $70m per year I think, so that's a significant increase. There is likely to be a streaming element on MAX involved with the PPVs and it sounds like ROH may end up on real TV too. And on top of all that it looks like AEW will be putting out an additional new show called Shockwave that might be ending up on broadcast TV rather than cable which would be pretty monumental. 

If all that turns out to be true then AEW will at last be making a profit and a pretty substantial one which isn't bad for a 5 year old company. You'd might even be able to argue it's the most successful number 2 promotion in wrestling history. Interesting times!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

I suspect TV rights deals chat might belong with the ratings chat in terms of interest but the first real details/rumours about the new TV deal seem to be coming out now (from actual journalists not wrestling "journalists"). 

Word is that it'll be a 3 year deal (with an optional 4th year) for $170m per year -they are currently on $70m per year I think, so that's a significant increase. There is likely to be a streaming element on MAX involved with the PPVs and it sounds like ROH may end up on real TV too. And on top of all that it looks like AEW will be putting out an additional new show called Shockwave that might be ending up on broadcast TV rather than cable which would be pretty monumental. 

If all that turns out to be true then AEW will at last be making a profit and a pretty substantial one which isn't bad for a 5 year old company. You'd might even be able to argue it's the most successful number 2 promotion in wrestling history. Interesting times!

That's 680 plays of the Final Countdown per year. Not that much when you think about it so thank god Brittle Bryan is retirin' 

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
Brittle Bryan made me do it.

• Paid Members

I don’t know how finances work, but if you’ve got millions and millions coming in via TV contracts, I don’t know what’s stopping them now pricing their tickets at 25p each and getting more fans in the buildings.

Ultimately though, the inevitable press release should just say we’re guaranteed many more years of the Hangman Adam Page character. That’s the headline. Yes please!

• Paid Members

It's not a lot when you think about it. 

Dynamite Ă— 52

Collision x 52

Rampage x 52

ROH x 52 

Shockwave x ?

That's less than 1 million dollars per show even without Shockwave. Sounds like a lot of programming for your money for me. WBD have done very well in the content stakes. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It's not a lot when you think about it. 

Dynamite Ă— 52

Collision x 52

Rampage x 52

ROH x 52 

Shockwave x ?

That's less than 1 million dollars per show even without Shockwave. Sounds like a lot of programming for your money for me. WBD have done very well in the content stakes. 

Are you counting episodes or titles?

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

This has always been the case and always been the reason TV networks like wrestling. It's insanely cheap compared to your average TV show. You get 52 weeks of steady and consistent ratings that costs a fraction of what a sitcom, reality show, drama etc. cost and you don't have to pay any royalties or residuals. And compare what even WWE get against what they have to pay for sports rights the gap is huge. 

34 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Ultimately though, the inevitable press release should just say we’re guaranteed many more years of the Hangman Adam Page character.

The rule going forwards should that every moment Hangman isn't on screen all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Hangman?".