UFC 294: Makhachev vs Volkanovski 2 - Oct 21 🇦🇪

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I suppose when you think about it, if Usman’s knees are as bad as everyone says, it might actually be a positive that he hasn’t gone through a full training camp. Obviously there’s drawbacks to not having as much prep time as well but, in that way, at least his knees haven’t had to go through a gruelling 6-8 week camp.

The thing with Usman is I don’t think he’s ever fully out of the gym between fights. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him not look in great shape. He certainly doesn’t look like he’s just rolled off the sofa this week. 

185 Usman. 

IMG_9347.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

This has got the old nipples hard…

You can clearly see there’s respect there but it’s proper intense as well. Huge fight for both. A win for Usman here, knocking off the guy Dana is clearly hoping becomes champ, would be some way to get back on track. Especially under these circumstances with the late notice etc. And for Khamzat it’d be an even bigger name on the resume than Gilbert Burns, which would make it by far his biggest win to date. It sounds mad but I’m almost as excited about this as I am the Makhachev vs Volk rematch. It’s got the goosebumps feel for me, something the original Costa fight lacked.

I’ve got a bad feeling about it but I’d love to see Usman get the win here. He’s too good to be on a 3 fight losing streak. 

• Paid Members

Can't help but feel Chimaev does a bit of a number on Usman here. I'm trying to get out of that way of thinking because just a year or so against Usman was the man, the p4p king of the sport. Those 2 Edwards fights have just burst the bubble for me, despite him dominating and doing well in each of those fights, but that aura of invincibiltiy he had has gone. Can't wait.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

We must’ve seen the face-off at the exact same time 😂

Pretty much agree. As the week’s gone on I’ve allowed myself to give Usman a much better chance but I don’t know. I don’t think he’s shot, he still absolutely schools pretty much the whole division for me. And I get the argument that it’s a big switch in opponents for Chimaev as well. But it’s still a rough set of circumstances. We don’t know quite how good Chimaev is yet but we do know he’s at least at the level to go to war with Burns and come out on top. That’s elite at 170 however you slice it. And we’ve seen how he’s handled the level below that like Holland, Jingliang etc. Not sure how he fares at Middleweight but this won’t be the fight to really tell us that anyway because Usman’s coming up as well. As silly as it sounds, to me this is still a Welterweight fight just minus the actual weight cut. My point is, even if the Burns fight turns out to be Khamzat’s ceiling, that’s still a tough as fuck fight to be jumping into on this kind of notice and factoring in all the travel and acclimatisation etc. 

Usman’s good enough where I’d never completely count him out of a fight. But I don’t think it’s being outrageous to think this is a proper uphill battle for him. He’s older than Chimaev, he’s more banged up than Chimaev etc. And Chimaev’s at least had a training camp. Granted it was for Costa but he’s still been training specifically to peak for Oct 21st. Predicting Chimaev to win isn’t a knock on Usman or downplaying how great he is. For me it’s not a case of overrating Chimaev or acting like Usman’s washed up. But it’s a big ask.

Even the stuff with that open workout video with Gaethje, the knee thing, maybe it was all bollocks and people jumping to conclusions. But it did sound, to me, like he said something “popped” and then they ended the workout and, to me, looked a bit concerned. The way him and Gaethje have been denying so hard that there’s anything more to it makes me think there might be something to it as well. Maybe I’m reading too much into it but if there genuinely wasn’t anything to it, I don’t think Usman or Gaethje would’ve been arsed enough about the speculation to even address it. Just feels like they’re protesting slightly too much, maybe trying to put the commission off looking into it too much.

Ahh balls. Sod it. Fuck knows. I just hope it’s a good fight. I’m all in on it now regardless. 

A huge factor is surely Chimaev is going to be cutting a huge chunk of weight for this one, and will be at least 205 come fight time. If he's smart, he knows that Usman didn't take this fight on short notice to not fight if Chimaev misses weight big time as well. Chimaev knows Dana has a huge boner for him, so missing weight won't sour him if he does it. Maybe Chimaev will say fuck it with regards to losing those last few pounds, as he has nothing to lose. I think there's a real possibility that Chimaev will be miles heavier than Usman in this one. 

• Paid Members

There's a Shara Magomedov highlight reel for anyone who hasn't seen the guy in action. I'm a fan anytime someone comes into the UFC with a bit of an aura about them, this is one of those occasions, color me excited.

I honestly hand on heart believe that we are getting a new champion in the main event and more importantly we are getting khamzat as the number one contender and a title shot next early next year (I said khamzat would be the champion by mid 2024) 

This card really could turn out the card of the year for me for so many reasons

AND IT STARTS AT 4pm for us get the fuck in