UFC 294: Makhachev vs Volkanovski 2 - Oct 21 🇦🇪

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Same as last year. It’s October. It’s Abu Dhabi. It’s Makhachev vs Oliv…wait! 

IMG-0772.jpg

PPV MAIN CARD
Islam Makhachev©️vs Alexander Volkanovski - Lightweight Title

Kamaru Usman vs Khamzat Chimaev  

Magomed Ankalaev vs Johnny Walker 

Ikram Aliskerov vs Warlley Alves

Said Nurmagomedov vs Muin Gafurov 

ESPN/FIGHT PASS PRELIMS
Tim Elliott vs Muhammad Mokaev 

Mohammad Yahya vs Trevor Peek

Javid Basharat vs Victor Henry 

Sedriques Dumas vs Abu Azaitar 

Anshul Jubli vs Mike Breeden 

Nathaniel Wood vs Muhammad Naimov 

Jinh Yu Frey vs Viktoriia Dudakova

Bruno Silva vs Shara Magomedov 

Fuck me. What a nutty build up. Can’t remember another example of a PPV where the original main and co-main events fell apart less than 2 weeks out and somehow the card got better! As good as Makhachev vs Oliveira 2 was, Makhachev vs Volkanovski 2 is way better in my opinion. And Usman vs Chimaev pisses all over Chimaev vs Costa for me. On top of all that, this’ll be on at a nice UK friendly time for us. From what I’m reading, the prelims start at 4pm and the main card kicks off at 7pm. Lovely stuff!

IMG-9562.jpg

Islam Makhachev vs Alexander Volkanovski 2 is now headlining this fucker. What a mental sport. A rematch of what I consider the front runner for FOTY so far, but it’s hardly under ideal circumstances for either man and it’s coming earlier than anyone expected. Of course, this was originally supposed be a rematch of last October’s Abu Dhabi main event, Makhachev vs Charles Oliveira. But with less than 2 weeks to go until the fight…

IMG-9234.jpg

That happened! Horrible 🤢 typical Chute Boxe sparring like maniacs so close to the fight. I was looking forward to that fight but, to be honest, it seemed a bit soon anyway. The weird thing is, the Volk rematch feels more worthy to me despite their first fight being even more recent and it being an immediate rematch in Makhachev’s case. The big difference is that Makhachev beat Oliveira handily last October. Dropped him and submitted him inside 2 rounds. That wasn’t the case when Makhachev and Volkanovski locked horns back in February…

IMG-9590.jpg

The big ‘Superfight’ went down at UFC 284 in Perth, Australia and like I said, in my opinion, it’s the best fight so far this year. A close, mega competitive, high level, exciting 5 round battle. Absolutely loved the fight. Lightweight champ vs Featherweight champ. A gripping watch. They went the distance, Makhachev got the unanimous decision and the judging was hotly debated post-fight. Personally, I had Makhachev winning 3-2 but it was such an impressive performance from Volkanovski in defeat. Both fought their arses off and did better than expected in the areas people thought they might struggle in. Makhachev had more success on the feet than you’d have thought going in. And Volk did a fantastic job in the grappling exchanges, especially considering he’s the smaller man. Incredible fight but I didn’t see any controversy in Makhachev getting the win myself. It was a close fight, whoever got the judges nod, nobody would’ve been ‘robbed’. I think most of that just came from people who were dying to see Makhachev lose. I felt like he won but at the same time, it was one of those fights where you could see Volk doing better in a rematch with slight adjustments here or there. That was assuming they’d both have a full training camp for the rematch though.

IMG-7991.jpg

Since that loss to Makhachev, we’ve seen Volkanovski fight once. He dropped back to his division to defend his Featherweight title at UFC 290 in July and schooled Yair Rodriguez, putting him away in 3 rounds. The kind of scarily dominant performance that once again showed us just how far ahead of the pack Volk is at 145. It’s at the point now where it’s getting hard to think who can test him at 145. There’s one obvious choice, Ilia Topuria, and it looked like that was gonna be next. But Oliveira’s withdrawal here has thrown everything out of whack.

IMG-9623.jpg

How does this go then? I don’t have a fucking clue. You’ve got to give huge credit to both. Goes without saying that it’s ballsy for Volk to jump in on such short notice and coming off hand surgery a few months ago. But Makhachev also deserves big props. Maybe more than Volk, to be honest. Because Volk is the one jumping in last minute here, he’s gonna get high praise for that whatever the result. Plus if he loses, the excuses are built in. For Makhachev, it’s almost a lose/lose situation. He’s already 1-0 over Volk, he’s the one who’s had a training camp, he’s the bigger guy etc. On paper, under these circumstances, it’s a fight he should win. But to accept a completely different kind of opponent, with a totally different physical build and fighting style, on this kind of notice, is also ballsy as fuck! Fair play to both.

It feels weird to even point out the negatives here when we’re getting to see such a tremendous fight (twice in the same year!) but it is a shame that it’s happening under such fucked up conditions. Obviously, this rematch was inevitable at some point but I wish it was happening with both getting a full camp for each other. Also, this now delays Volk vs Topuria, which I was absolutely buzzing for. And we might now be in a position where they end up doing Topuria vs Holloway in the meantime. Which would still be a great fight in its own right but could well scupper Volk-Topuria and then what? Volk vs Holloway fucking 4?! Really? It’s a mess. Rough break for Mateusz Gamrot as well. He was the official backup for Makhachev vs Oliveira but he’s been left out in the cold. I get why. This is way better and bigger than that. But it sucks for him. Oh well. Look on the bright side eh? We’re getting Makhachev vs Volkanovski 2 in a matter of days! Never expected to be typing that just yet.

IMG-0789.jpg

Kamaru Usman vs Khamzat Chimaev then! Originally Khamzat vs Paulo Costa but Costa’s out with an elbow injury. In steps Kamaru Usman on just over a week’s notice. What a fucking swerve! I’m made up with this. As much as I was looking forward to the Costa fight, this is next level. Crazy how things work out. This was the fight I think everyone was expecting to happen at Welterweight down the road. Usman was the dominant champ, Khamzat was on the rise at 170. It just felt like they were on a collision course and destined to battle it out for the gold. Obviously, Leon Edwards had other plans and Khamzat making a right arse of the weight cut last time resulted in him finally moving up to 185. At that point I think we all thought any chance of seeing Khamzat against Usman was up in smoke. But here we are.

IMG-9915.jpg

So yeah. Khamzat’s finally moving up to Middleweight. His UFC run has been mega frustrating to follow. He seems to have everything going for him as far as talent, the undefeated record and having the backing of Dana White/UFC management goes. The hype machine was behind him from the day he first stepped foot in the promotion, and he held up his end of backing it up early on. Smashed through his first few opponents, including a 17 second one punch KO against tough veteran Gerald Meerschaert (😥). He went through some shit after that with health issues and had a bad battle with COVID which saw him sidelined for over a year. That’s when we saw 3 attempts at a Khamzat vs Leon Edwards fight go down the shitter. In October 2021 he came back in style, ragdolling Li Jingliang. Then had his big step up in 2022 and beat Gilbert Burns on points in one of the best fights of last year. But the last time we saw him…

IMG-9916.jpg

The complete and utter shitshow that was UFC 279 last September. He was supposed to headline against Nate Diaz that night. It was well known that Diaz was leaving the UFC and they were pretty much feeding him to Khamzat on the way out. For Khamzat it was basically a gift. A PPV main event, against a big name who was perfect for Khamzat style-wise, who was also fading and in his late 30s. On paper, it was the biggest name, easiest win they could give him. And the talk was that Khamzat would be in line for a title shot after. So what did he do? He missed weight (by 7.5lbs!) and, as you can see in the pic there, didn’t give a single fuck. The matchmakers ended up having to do an eleventh hour reshuffle of the card, taking Khamzat out of the main event and sticking him in the co-main against Kevin Holland instead. He rolled over Holland with ease and has been doing fuck knows what in the year and a bit since. Like I said, it’s so frustrating. You’d think he’d wanna strike while the iron’s hot and capitalise on the hype. But every time he starts building some real momentum, he self sabotages by missing weight or going off the grid for a year. Great performances and moments followed by big spells of nothing. At least he’s making the move to 185 though. Hopefully that’ll put an end to the weight missing shite at least and maybe he’ll be a bit more active. It’s a shame we were robbed of some fantastic fights at 170 against the likes of Edwards, Covington, Shavkat etc. Feels like there was some unfinished business at Welterweight but what can you do? At this point I just wanna see him get his shit together and get fighting. And now at least we’re getting to see one of those fights that seemed like it had got away, even if it is up at Middleweight…

IMG-1344.jpg

What a set of bollocks on this bastard. Usman’s legacy is set at this point. One of the greatest Welterweights of all time. He had a hell of a run as champion. Was on a 19 fight winning streak beating the likes of Covington x2, Burns, Masvidal x2, Woodley, Dos Anjos, Maia, Strickland and Edwards along the way. He was a serious force and I’d say he’s only second behind GSP in the 170 GOAT convo. I think his resume surpassed Matt Hughes for that spot. It all came to a halt over the last year though.

IMG-7933.jpg

IMG-2603.jpg

His last two fights have seen him lose the title by devastating headkick knockout to Leon Edwards last August, then lose the rematch by decision at UFC 286 in London back in March this year. From beating Edwards in their first fight way back in 2015 to losing the title to him and losing the trilogy 1-2. Not how I think anyone saw Usman’s title reign coming to an end. As good as Edwards is, I just never pictured him being ‘the one’ to stop him. The signs were kind of there that his championship run might be on borrowed time. Not so much in his performances but just because he 36 now and his knees have been reportedly fucked for some time. But I just didn’t think it would be yet and I didn’t think it would be Leon. The funny thing is, the guy I thought was most likely to dethrone Usman was actually Khamzat Chimaev. Now they’re meeting but at 185. Mad old sport.

IMG-0791.jpg

Can’t believe that, not only is this fight actually happening, it’s now just around the corner! If you’d asked me a year or so ago if this fight would happen, then I’d probably have guessed it might go down around now. But I’d have seen it being at 170, for the title and headlining a big PPV in its own right. Now we’re getting it at 185 and it’s just a co-main. Not the route I expected we’d take to get here but sod it. We’re getting to see the fight and that’s all that matters in the end. I don’t know if I’m off the mark but I’ve got a feeling Khamzat wins this one handily. A combination of Usman getting older, coming off back-to-back losses, moving up in weight, the short notice, the talk of his dodgy knees, it’s an uphill battle. And that’s before you even factor in Khamzat’s strengths. Even if these two had been matched up when Usman was at the top of his game and with a full camp, just style-wise I think he’d be up against it here. But under these circumstances, it’s a mountain to climb. Massive respect to Usman. Like Volk in the main event, I guess in a way you could say he’s got nothing to lose here. He’s jumping in last minute and he’s gonna be expected to lose. If he pulls this off and wins, it’s huge for him and instantly gets him right back on track. For Usman, maybe it’s a gamble worth taking. He probably doesn’t have a ton of fights left so him going for big fights like this makes sense. Part of me would love to see him come in and shock everyone. But a Khamzat win is definitely more interesting for the division. And Middleweight needs a boost at the moment. Awesome stuff this. Credit to both. Usman for stepping in, obviously, and Chimaev for accepting the opponent switch, seemingly without hesitation. 

IMG-7415.jpg

Magomed Ankalaev vs Johnny Walker isn’t setting the world alight. It’s the Ankalaev factor, isn’t it? He’s not a terrible fighter but he’s no fun to watch. Looking back over his record, the only fights of his I’ve enjoyed have been the 2 against Ion Cutelaba. Everything else has just been a bit dull. He’s 18-1-1 now and currently ranked #2 in the Light Heavyweight division. He’s right in the mix. He was even put in a fight for the vacant title last time out against Jan Blachowicz in December. But the fight ended in a draw and was so lacklustre that the UFC pretended it never happened and moved on with a completely different title fight. We haven’t seen Ankalaev since. And the title picture at 205 has become a total shambles. Ever since Jiri Prochazka had to vacate, it’s been a mess. The Ankalaev vs Blachowicz draw, then Jamahal Hill won the thing beating Glover, then he got hurt and relinquished it. I mean, Christ!

IMG-0960.jpg

If I could make anything happen at 205 it’d be this. It won’t happen, I know. But Johnny Walker is probably my favourite 205er now Shogun and Glover are retired. Love the bloke. I don’t rate him as a top level guy. He’s too inconsistent and, sadly, just not good enough. But he seems a top lad and he’s usually wildly entertaining to watch. There’s been the odd exception but on the whole he’s been ace. And to be fair, for all my talk of his inconsistency, he’s actually coming into this fight off the back of 3 consecutive wins! He’s beat Cutelaba, Paul Craig and Anthony Smith in his last 3 fights. I fully expect Ankalaev to shut him down and beat him in the most boring way imaginable here but we can hope. Nothing I’d love to see more than Walker bust out a big flying knee or something and get that unlikely title shot. Him against the winner of the upcoming Jiri vs Pereira fight? Sign me up. Yeah he’d get flattened but it’d be mayhem for however long it lasted and I’d love to see Walker just get one shot at it. Ank’s gonna snuff that dream out though the prick.

IMG-8128.jpg

Ikram Aliskerov vs Warlley Alves is a funny one. Was supposed to be Aliskerov against Nassourdine Imavov but Imavov’s dropped out just a few weeks out. Not quite sure what to make of this fight. Aliskerov had been linked to a fight with Paulo Costa over the summer but plans obviously changed and they went with Costa vs Chimaev. Then the Imavov fight was booked. Now it’s Alves. Quite a comedown. Alves isn’t a bad fighter by any means. He’s certainly had his moments over the years. Most notably his first round submission over Colby Covington back in 2015. He also won TUF Brazil before that. He’s still only 32 but he’s just not been able to find any real consistency and he’s had a really patchy run of results in recent times. He’s 14-6 now, coming off back-to-back losses and he’s gone 2-4 in his last 6. Not the best. Aliskerov intrigues me a bit though.

image.gif.77554349bf4043e8b21c82a8bca5d627.gif

That’s how his UFC debut ended in May. Smoked Phil Hawes in just over 2 minutes. He’s from Dagestan, 30 years old and 14-1 with 10 finishes. Fought in Brave and Eagle FC before the UFC came calling and his lone loss to date came at the hands of…Khamzat Chimaev. He’s also a 4 time world champion in Combat Sambo apparently. Obviously, his UFC debut being so short, there wasn’t too much to read into it other than he has a dig on him. Aside from that, the only other fight I’ve seen is his loss to Khamzat. We’ll see how he does here. The UFC are clearly high on him if they were gonna throw him in with Costa/Imavov in just his second fight in the promotion. Maybe this way is better though. More of a gradual progression. 

IMG-5981.jpg

Said Nurmagomedov vs Muin Gafurov should be a fun one. Again, Bantamweight is the bollocks. Best division for me these days. And these two aren’t even anywhere near the title mix. Just shows the depth of the 135 division. Said’s decent enough. I’ve said a few times that he’s a bit too one-note and predictable with the spamming the spinning shit all the time but he’s managed to go 17-3 and was on a nice little winning streak before losing on points to Jonathan Martinez in a cracking fight back in March. Gafurov’s from Tajikistan, 27 years old and has a record of 18-5 with 17 finishes. Made his UFC debut in June, losing a decision to John Castaneda, but he’s knocked about a bit and done alright for himself. Fought in LFA, ACB and ONE and went the distance with John Lineker back in 2019, so his toughness isn’t in question. Could be a sleeper on this card, I reckon.

IMG-7417.jpg

Tim Elliott vs Muhammad Mokaev is a belter on paper. I love the matchmaking here. The tough veteran who’s almost a bit of a journeyman but has fought all the top guys in his weight range and challenged for the title against the young prospect coming up who’s talking a big game but yet to prove himself at the top level. And just style-wise, it’s one of those pairings that you just can’t fathom producing a dud. It’s at least gonna be good, isn’t it? And has the potential to be a lot more.

IMG-3294.jpg

Mokaev’s only 23 years old. Undefeated at 10-0-0-1 with 7 finishes. Had a fairly extensive amateur career and went 23-0 there. Has competed in all sorts of grappling competitions and has shown promise from the start. He finally got the big break in March 2022 and breezed through Cody Durden in less than a minute in his UFC debut. Durden’s gone on to do pretty well for himself so that win is ageing nicely. It hasn’t all been plain sailing for Mokaev since though. He’s been winning but he’s had some shaky moments in the Charles Johnson and Malcolm Gordon fights. Then in his last fight against Jafel Filho earlier this year, he had a bit of a scare when Filho caught him in a kneebar…

IMG-4505.jpg

Brutal. Mokaev showed stupid toughness and heart to survive that and came back to finish Filho with a nasty neck crank. But there’s been a few of these little warning signs. The critics have jumped all over it but Mokaev’s still a work in progress. Still, he’s been calling out some big names and ranked guys who I really don’t think he’s ready for. He’s having these dicey moments in the grappling and that’s worrying because the grappling is his bread and butter. Then you see him backing straight up in the striking with his chin up and it’s just a matter of time until someone exploits that. Time’s obviously on his side and he’ll improve. But if he’s insisting on fighting the likes of Albazi and Kape and so on he’s probably gonna get derailed before he can make those improvements and that might knock his confidence. He’s got enough on his plate with Tim Elliott here. This is a serious test. You look down Elliott’s record and there’s a lot of losses. He’s 19-12-1 now. But you look at the level he’s been operating on. Over the years he’s fought the likes of Demetrious Johnson, Deiveson Figueiredo, Joseph Benavidez, John Dodson, fucking Jens Pulver! The level of opposition Elliot’s fought is night and day compared to who Mokaev’s been in with. On the flipside, he’s 36 years old and has a lot of miles on him. Should be a mega exciting fight to watch regardless. It’s the kind of fight Mokaev should be winning if he’s what he’s being cracked up to be. All depends if he’s ready for the step up yet.

IMG-0660.jpg

Mohammad Yahya vs Trevor Peek is a fight where I really don’t know what to expect. Never seen this Yahya bloke. This’ll be his UFC debut but he’s gonna go over big with that crowd because apparently he’s the first Emirati fighter to compete in the UFC. He’s 29 years old and 12-3 with 9 finishes. Fought mostly for UAE Warriors (won their title) but also fought a bit in Bellator as well years ago. And Peek…

image.gif.b915286b1e875d351e5e989e1b2c53cc.gif

🤣 He’s a madman. He’s not very good though. Sloppy as shite and not what you’d call skilled. He’s a complete throwback. You watch him flail his arms about like a lunatic and it genuinely feels like he’s been lifted straight from a UFC undercard in 2002 or something. But I’ll happily admit I loved his last fight against Chepe Mariscal in June. It was ugly and messy but it was so much fun to watch them just swing for the fences. You don’t see fights like that often anymore. And rightly so. MMA, for the most part, has evolved past that. But every now and then it’s actually refreshing to see just because those kind of scraps are rare these days. But yeah, if Yahya’s got anything about him he should be winning this.

IMG-0654.jpg

Javid Basharat vs Victor Henry is another fight that stands out to me as a potential sleeper. Didn’t know this fight was booked until now but I’m a fan of the matchmaking. I’ve really liked what I’ve seen of the Basharat brothers so far in the UFC. They’re from Afghanistan originally but came to the UK and settled in London as kids. Both are doing well in MMA. Javid’s undefeated at 14-0 and has gone 3-0 in the UFC so far with wins over Trevin Jones, Tony Gravely and Mateus Mendonca. And Henry should give him a good test. He’s a bit older, a bit more experienced, a bit craftier etc. Trains with Josh Barnett and has a record of 23-6 with 14 finishes. He beat Gravely himself in March in a real exciting grappling based fight. Also beat Raoni Barcelos in his UFC debut but lost to Assuncao in there somewhere. Good stuff.

IMG-5990.jpg

Sedriques Dumas vs Abu Azaitar does sod all for me. Dumas is a shitehawk and a dickhead. 28 years old, 8-1 record but he’s looked cack in his first couple of trips to the Octagon. Got beat up and subbed by Josh Fremd in his debut and only won his last fight because Cody Brundage is even shitter and kept jumping guillotines that went nowhere like an idiot. And Azaitar, fuck knows? The cunt never fights. Last time he fought was on the undercard of Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou 2 in March 2021 and he got TKO’d by Marc-Andre Barriault. His previous fight was 2018. His fight before that was 2016! Don’t know what’s up with all these massive layoffs or why the UFC’s even kept him on the books. Be hilarious if he strolls in off a 2 and a half year sicknote and slaps Dumbass about though.

IMG-5984.jpg

Anshul Jubli vs Mike Breeden. Don’t know, don’t really care. One of the few fights on this card that I’m not fussed about. Jubli might be alright, in fairness. He’s Indian, 28 years old and unbeaten at 7-0. He fought on that ‘Road To UFC’ thing and won one of the finals in his Octagon debut back in February. I think I watched it but nothing is jumping out in the memory now. Breeden’s shit though. He’s got a 10-6 record and has gone a dismal 0-3 since signing with the UFC. He got blitzed by Terrence McKinney in about a minute in his last fight in August. Another loss here will surely be it for him. Just a full on jobber.

IMG-5988.jpg

Nathaniel Wood vs Muhammad Naimov, again, is another potential show stealer that’ll probably go under the radar. Especially being so low down the card. Wood has really seemed to level up since moving up to Featherweight. He always had potential, his nickname is ‘The Prospect’ for fuck’s sake! But he had a bit of a wobbly run at 135. Had a couple of setbacks but since he’s moved up to 145 he’s looked really good. Granted he’s not beating top level guys yet but he’s gone 3-0 and had strong performances against Charles Rosa, Charles Jourdain and Andre Fili. Looks so much better to me since moving up. Just shows you that cutting a load of weight to gain a ‘size advantage’ isn’t always worth it and you rob yourself in other ways doing that. This’ll be our second look at Naimov after a successful debut back in June…

IMG-5989.jpg

Tajikistan Bisping!

Naimov knocked out Jamie Mullarkey that night. From what I remember Mullarkey was doing well before that and outboxing Naimov in spells, which doesn’t exactly bode well for Naimov. But in fairness, he took the fight on very short notice and up a weight class and he got it done in the end. He’s 29 years old and 9-2 with 7 finishes. Got a good feeling about this fight. Based on Wood seemingly going from strength to strength at 145 and the little I’ve seen of Naimov, should be a good, all-action scrap.

IMG-5982.jpg

Jinh Yu Frey vs Viktoriia Dudakova is the lone women’s fight on the card. A nothing fight. Feels like they’re hoping for a showcase for Dudakova and to push Frey out to pasture. She’s 38 years old now and it’s going nowhere. She’s 11-9 and comes into this fight off 3 straight losses, one of which she got sparked in 47 seconds. Dudakova on the other hand, is 24 years old and undefeated at 7-0 with 6 of her wins coming inside the distance. She made her UFC debut in July against Istela Nunes but it was all over in seconds when Nunes posted her arm as she was taken down and broke it. Not the ideal debut for Dudakova but a win’s a win. She’s got no business losing to Frey at this stage in both their careers. Proper ‘out with the old, in with the new’ vibes to this one. 

IMG-7418.jpg

Bruno Silva vs Shara Magomedov is ***WAND’S ONE TO WATCH*** this time and I really don’t know what the fuck to expect out of it. Just knowing Silva’s style and seeing bits and pieces of Shara, in the cage and out of it, it’s got the feel of chaos about it. Silva’s a tough fucker. Anyone who saw his fight against Alex Pereira knows that. He’s been stopped on other nights but somehow soaked up everything Pereira threw at him and saw the final buzzer. He’s 23-9 with 20 knockouts. No world beater, no future UFC champ, but a hard bastard and a heavy hitter. Basically the ideal guy to welcome this mad fucker to the Octagon…

IMG-1905.jpg

Yep. Shara ‘The Bullet’ Magomedov finally makes his debut. Been seeing him pop up on MMA news sites and social media for a while now. And his isn’t exactly a face you forget. He’s from Moscow, 29 years old and undefeated at 11-0 with 10 knockouts, 7 in the first round. His last fight in December he won in just 8 seconds! Doesn’t fuck about. Controversial character as well. There was an incident about a year or so ago that was captured on CCTV in Russia, where he got into a fight with some bloke and battered him and stamped on his head. This all happened because the guy kissed his own girlfriend on the cheek in public and Magomedov confronted him because there’s “unwritten rules” that you can’t do that in Makhachkala or something. Then earlier this year he got caught in a leg lock in grappling competition and got up and kicked the other guy. Little bit of a temper! Seems like one of those fighters where there’ll never be a dull moment and he’ll be must see TV, but I can’t say I won’t be satisfied if he gets chinned here.

294 🇦🇪 

IMB_puw4Yj.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Latest bout order.

IMG-5994.png

Looks a bit wonky to me. The Bruno Silva vs Shara Magomedov fight opening up the Fight Pass stream is a bit of an odd one. As is Nathaniel Wood being so far down the card below the likes of Dumas, Peek and Breeden. Hopefully the fights that matter at least stay intact. 

Edited by wandshogun09

Im incredibly excited for this ppv quite a lot more than some of the recent ppv's 

My personal main event is the khamzat fight with him being up there as one of my favourite fighters and him not having a fight for over a year now and I almost certainly expect it to he his final test before a title shot which once again I'd just insanely exciting.

• Paid Members

Yeah saw that last night. I can live with it, to be honest. Imavov’s no big loss. Hopefully that’s where the pullouts end but you know how it goes. Fingers, toes and pubes crossed that the rest of the card stays intact. I’ve updated the opening post. 

Think Alves might be a more sensible opponent for Aliskerov anyway. Worth remembering he’s only had one fight in the UFC so far. The fact they’d originally planned to throw him in with Paulo Costa then Imavov was a bit quick, in my opinion. Obviously they see something in him but it felt like they were rushing him a tad. Alves has some skills and has shown the ability to end fights on the feet and the ground but he’s also 2-4 in his last 6 and it’s a fight Aliskerov should be winning fairly handily if he’s gonna be mixing with the level they were gonna chuck him in with. Probably be a showcase but it doesn’t hurt to have one of them on the main card. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

The culprit. 

IMG_9027.jpeg

Fucking ow.

I'd love it if Volko beat Makhachev - the first ever superfight trilogy would be a real feather in his cap.