AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Genuine question, how does he get a bigger rep for a fragile ego than the lads refusing to work with him and sticking him in Saturday Siberia?

Surely we’re at the point where we just have to admit everyone is as bad as each other.

Except for one gloriously beautiful man, who’s rose above all the bullshit. Never said a word publicly. Never made snide references on TV. Too busy being a wholesome hero.

IMG_5663.thumb.jpeg.eedc5f3315c88869788f018cc1775d8a.jpeg

He’s the best.

At this point, I'm past caring about the brawl that took place. I thought the segment with Starks was weak, but I think it's hard to deny that Punk is an asset to whichever show he's on. In addition, given his apparent creative input it may even be fair to say that he is a reason for Collision's evolution into the show that it is.

Punk also deserves credit for being brave enough to be vocal about what he believes is right. How many public figures are brave enough to stand up for trans rights in 2023, at a time when transphobia has become depressingly acceptable? He may be paranoid, he may be a grumpy bastard; but I can't help but admire the fact he at least tries to use his platform for good. 

Yeah, I just don’t buy the whole ‘stayed silent’ cobblers either, given one of the reasons for his ridiculous public nonsense was ‘those daft shites want to talk to the press, I’ll talk to you’.

They’ve literally had a man sidelined to a separate show (fine use of ‘they’ too as EVP’s). Their arses aren’t clean either.

Hangman is still lovely. I’ll give @Supremo that. But everyone else is clearly an eejit.

I still like both sides, FWIW, it’s just like when two mates fall out and you’re in the middle rolling your eyes thinking ‘FFS lads, sort it out.’

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Yeah, I just don’t buy the whole ‘stayed silent’ cobblers either, given one of the reasons for his ridiculous public nonsense was ‘those daft shites want to talk to the press, I’ll talk to you’.

They’ve literally had a man sidelined to a separate show (fine use of ‘they’ too as EVP’s). Their arses aren’t clean either.

Had him sidelined? Story the whole time re collision was Turner wanted him on it as a ratings draw. That’s been the line peddled to justify bringing him back. He had a show to himself that’s he’s Running like a plaything doing daft ROH callbacks and budget bret hart. He’s not in Siberia 

plus after his rant all the stories he accused the elite of grassing about him they all said came from other sources. Pink made up enemies in his head to justify his fragility. Which is fine in character, but a pain in the arse to work with 

You’ve picked a side, which is fine. But, the company would be immeasurably better off if they’d work together, and everyone involved is in part responsible for not making that happen.

Having their biggest star on a separate show from all the big boys is no one’s first choice, and there’s no point pretending it is. Saturday Night Compromise is fine, and was a very good show this week, but it won’t last a year when football season kills it off, so it’s just a shame they can’t all work together.

I have no idea how much of a pain in the arse he is to work with, as I’ve not worked with him. None of us really know anything other than the sad state of affairs we’ve been left with.

On a similar Note, I thought this was good: https://wrestletalk.com/news/former-aew-star-nobody-picks-sides-cm-punk-elite-fuego-del-sol/

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

You’ve got favourites, it’s cool.

But, the company would be immeasurably better off if they’d work together, and everyone involved is in part responsible for not making that happen.

Having their biggest star on a separate show from all the big boys is no one’s first choice, and there’s no point pretending it is. Saturday Night Compromise is fine, and was a very good show this week, but it won’t last a year when football season kills it off, so it’s just a shame they can’t all work together.

I have no idea how much of a pain in the arse he is to work with, as I’ve not worked with him. None of us really know anything other than the sad state of affairs we’ve been left with.

College Football ain't killing it off. 

Edited by Infinity Land

14 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

You’ve picked a side, which is fine. But, the company would be immeasurably better off if they’d work together, and everyone involved is in part responsible for not making that happen.

On a similar Note, I thought this was good: https://wrestletalk.com/news/former-aew-star-nobody-picks-sides-cm-punk-elite-fuego-del-sol/

Man it’s gonna be a shock to turner when they find out collage football is a thing. They mustn’t have known that was a thing when they commissioned it. I haven’t picked a side, i am just looking at what we know from the stories that have really come out against the ones we now know punks made up in his head.

Here’s a question for you, if the person who sits beside you at work punched you unprovoked, are you trusting them with your body in a life or death situation? see all the people interested in punk and the elite, they already watch so the difference won’t be immeasurable, it’ll be nonexistent as you have their money already. Personally I prefer wrestling as escapism and entertainment, the idea of watching a feud waiting for it to fall apart at the lightest potato thrown does nothing for me. Aew was meant to be different and more doing things to make the talents lives easier, forcing people into uncomfortable working environments aint the way. 

• Paid Members

I know it's mean to be pleased someone is injured but Scorpio Sky shitting up Collision really isn't what this show needed when trying to establish itself. Hope they ship him off to ROH when he's recovered. Swap him with Dalton Castle or Willie Mack.

Any ideas as to Miro's greatest battle? If it's not Samoa Joe I can't really think of any contenders...unless it's just another shitty promo against God or something. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Louch said:

Here’s a question for you, if the person who sits beside you at work punched you unprovoked, are you trusting them with your body in a life or death situation? 

It seems to be forgotten that the original reason Punk threw his toys out of the pram was because Page went off script in a live promo, and then was reckless enough to chop him in the jaw when he gave him his chest. I'm not surprised Hangman keeps quiet about it. 

We’re back to picking sides, though. I don’t want to do that, as I have no idea what happened.

As far as I understand it Punk gave a stupid petty press conference, the Wednesday gang stormed the dressing room and it all got a bit handbags.

I’m probably the worst person to ask until my diversion into cricket, I spent years working in MMA and Boxing so this feels a bit petty. But.. just … get over it. Wrestling is littered with great things coming from people properly hating each other. They’re not office workers, it’s not the same. 

AEW is a tremendous company, capable of highs I don’t think other companies can get anywhere near. But their stars should all be together.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

It seems to be forgotten that the original reason Punk threw his toys out of the pram was because Page went off script in a live promo, and then was reckless enough to chop him in the jaw when he gave him his chest. I'm not surprised Hangman keeps quiet about it. 

Yeah poor punk who’s never taken shots at anyone off script. If every wrestler held grudges for months over a chop that went wrong, we’d need 90 one man shows to keep them apart on. Things fall apart in matches, if this happened again in a match when grudges are tgere the whole things fucked 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Louch said:

Yeah poor punk who’s never taken shots at anyone off script.

I wasn't painting Punk as a saint, just pointing out that Page is hardly blameless. Everything doesn't have to be so partisan. 

I get Punk feeling aggrieved but at the end of the day it was him who decided to escalate the situation by kicking off like a muppet at a press conference, making a fool of not only himself but the company. 

No one is truly blame free but I'm more inclined to side with those who didn't make the situation worse.

5 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I get Punk feeling aggrieved but at the end of the day it was him who decided to escalate the situation by kicking off like a muppet at a press conference, making a fool of not only himself but the company. 

No one is truly blame free but I'm more inclined to side with those who didn't make the situation worse.

I mean, I appreciate it’s a tedious argument… but storming the dressing room (which doesn’t seem to be an argued fact) *is* making the situation worst.

Again, I go back to Fuego Del Sol’s interview where he says people in AEW aren’t picking sides, and it’s just people on the internet. I just don’t think any of us need to pick sides. Some people we don’t know fell out. It’s a shame they can’t work it out. For me that’s about it.