11 hours ago, Supremo said:

I think this show is going to teach Tony Khan a big lesson in terms of pulling the trigger at the right time and striking when the iron is hot.

I think the same could be said for Adam Cole turning heel on MJF. Don't get me wrong, the ending of All In was a nice moment, and the match was great. Roddy Strong remains phenomenal. However, the company feels a bit stagnant right now. It's enjoyable enough, but it's not must-watch. If they'd gone with the gut-punch ending of Cole turning on MJF, you'd have months of storyline to enjoy, and an enormous rematch on the horizon. Even if MJF is leaving, Cole being the one to send him out of the company would have been a huge moment. 

While all of this can still happen, they've kind of missed the right moment to do it. What's happening right now is fine, but what could have happened - in my opinion - was the better option. 

13 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Steiner Math!!

😠

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Yeah they need to spread the big shows out for sure.

The current schedule is nuts.

December to May:

Revolution

May to November:

Double or Nothing

Forbidden Door

Blood and Guts

All In

All Out

Grand Slam

WrestleDream

Full Gear

Winter Is Coming 

You’ve also got Fight For The Fallen and Fyter Fest in there too. I know they’re just names for a show really, but they could be moved to different times in the year to help the spread. In fact you could just drop Fyter Fest completely as the reference is completely dead.

Apparently they’re running a BOGOF for Grand Slam next week to try and fill it. Only 6,000 sold so far according to WrestleTix.

Its fucking mad how not even 3 weeks ago they stuck 81,000 in Wembley (now being touted as 72,000, but I digress), but watching the show it’s like it never even happened 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

25 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

You’ve also got Fight For The Fallen and Fyter Fest in there too. I know they’re just names for a show really, but they could be moved to different times in the year to help the spread. In fact you could just drop Fyter Fest completely as the reference is completely dead.

Apparently they’re running a BOGOF for Grand Slam next week to try and fill it. Only 6,000 sold so far according to WrestleTix.

Its fucking mad how not even 3 weeks ago they stuck 81,000 in Wembley (now being touted as 72,000, but I digress), but watching the show it’s like it never even happened 

I think Tony Khan would go from booking one "big" show to the next on a week-to-week basis if he could. 

I'm not willing AEW on to fail, but I think it would benefit everyone if Collision was cancelled, and if ROH died a death. AEW is usually solid, but it could be great - particularly if all of the best stuff was concentrated on one show. 

Only selling 6,000 so far for Arthur Ashe is surely utterly damning of the approach they are taking right now. The potential is there for all to see; and the problems are often glaringly obvious. It's a shame Khan doesn't see them. 

• Paid Members

Further evidence that Tony needs to stop being so fucking stingy with his booking; reports coming out that Jade Cargill is heading to WWE.

Sixty one matches in AEW, and about fifty-odd of them against jobbers. It’ll be a huge waste of Jade if she goes to WWE without wrestling any of the top stars or participating in any storylines other than her winning streak. It’s like they’ve spent the last few years simply getting her ready for a top run, only for WWE to reap all the benefits.

Not that I trust WWE to capitalise on Jade. She’ll probably be sent to the Performance Center for two years in order to lose all her individuality and do a crash course on looking at her hands and doing the kick-out shocked face.

EDIT: On the subject of All In’s attendance not being accurate, can we all take a moment to enjoy the fact that Will Ospreay got a fucking tattoo of the attendance figure! Couldn’t happen to a bigger idiot, bruv.

FC60D13B-AC42-4EF1-8134-2CC91F393619.thumb.jpeg.1e99777e93121a6d3054b9a5643a1930.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

12 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'm not willing AEW on to fail, but I think it would benefit everyone if Collision was cancelled, and if ROH died a death. AEW is usually solid, but it could be great - particularly if all of the best stuff was concentrated on one show.

ROH happy to see it go.

Don't agree on Collision. As we know that all the best stuff on one show isn't actually a thing. AEW's never been able to deliver on that as they're overstocked on talent and too conservative in their booking. The need to fill out two shows now that the border wall between Dynamite & Collision is down should hopefully give some feuds some extra depth.

Ticket sales were weak the first half of the year. Only covered up by running some new towns. It was an issue long before Collision came into existence. The mixed bag of booking apathy and increased ticket prices. Concentrating on one show wouldn't necessarily change anything on that front.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

EDIT: On the subject of All In’s attendance not being accurate, can we all take a moment to enjoy the fact that Will Ospreay got a fucking tattoo of the attendance figure! Couldn’t happen to a bigger idiot, bruv.

FC60D13B-AC42-4EF1-8134-2CC91F393619.thumb.jpeg.1e99777e93121a6d3054b9a5643a1930.jpeg

https://twitter.com/julianwks/status/1702176196690419838?s=46

Absolutely beautiful…

Samoa Joe has headlined Rampage, Collision and Dynamite in consecutive shows. It’s great for a Joe fan like me, but I don’t know that it’s good for AEW for their main events to be indistinguishable between the 3 shows.

It was a fine show, but MJF and Omega both being awol does hamper the star quality.

Thought Mox/Bill and Cage/Page were good, and the main event served its purpose.

Grand Slam and WrestleDream both look to be shaping up nicely, but there’s so many big shows in such a short space of time!

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

46 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Further evidence that Tony needs to stop being so fucking stingy with his booking; reports coming out that Jade Cargill is heading to WWE.

Sixty one matches in AEW, and about fifty-odd of them against jobbers. It’ll be a huge waste of Jade if she goes to WWE without wrestling any of the top stars or participating in any storylines other than her winning streak. It’s like they’ve spent the last few years simply getting her ready for a top run, only for WWE to reap all the benefits.

Not that I trust WWE to capitalise on Jade. She’ll probably be sent to the Performance Center for two years in order to lose all her individuality and do a crash course on looking at her hands and doing the kick-out shocked face.

I mean, there'a a better chance that they capitalise on her than Tony Khan capitalising on her. 

If I was a female wrestler in AEW - ANY female wrestler in AEW - I'd absolutely be looking to jump ship. At least in WWE, there's a chance of being treated as being on the same level as the men and becoming big stars. That just doesn't happen to female wrestlers in AEW, no matter how well they do. 

I suspect - if she holds up her end of the bargain - Jade Cargill will end up being a huge star in WWE. 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I've been waiting for this shoe to drop as it was always coming. 81,035 total paid attendance doesn't mean they all turned up on the night for a variety of reasons.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Is it as daft as AJ Lee’s “dates I won the belt” tattoo(s) though?

A main event with Roderick Strong and a post-match angle with Matt Taven. Fuck off ROH

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

They're in a rough spot with Roderick Strong, which kind of sums up most of my issues with the MJF/Cole thing - they've made it work, but at its heart, it's still a bit too "midcard" a story for the main event World Title feud. Strong is doing the best work of his career by channelling his inner Owen Hart, but it's goofy midcard schtick, and that's only more highlighted when the actual stars in this story are barely on the show, and the World Champion's only match since Wembley was defending the secondary tag belts. It's a story with a lot of moving parts, which means it's very easy to lose focus, and Roderick Strong and Friends aren't the guys to be carrying the story on a week-to-week basis. 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I mean, there'a a better chance that they capitalise on her than Tony Khan capitalising on her. 

If I was a female wrestler in AEW - ANY female wrestler in AEW - I'd absolutely be looking to jump ship. At least in WWE, there's a chance of being treated as being on the same level as the men and becoming big stars. That just doesn't happen to female wrestlers in AEW, no matter how well they do. 

I suspect - if she holds up her end of the bargain - Jade Cargill will end up being a huge star in WWE. 

There's very little to suggest that Jade would be screwed over by WWE. They literally took Cody as he was. They knew what they were doing. Not everyone has to go over and be repacked or whatever else.

What I will say is that we shouldn't pretend Jade was perfect. She was still pretty green in some areas and I think she can learn a lot with some time invested in WWE.

WWE's a bit of an unknown with all the changes. Not just from the sale, but adjustments made over the past couple of years. Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows get to sit home if they're not being used. The schedule doesn't have to be as demanding.

She'd be a star in the WWE. Despite what some have said she still had things to do in AEW. She didn't beat the entire division. She was kept away from most of the World champion people. It's another Cody example where there are quite a few matches that we'll never get to see. I'd have loved to see this version of Toni Storm v. Jade Cargill.

My main annoyance over this news is surely they could have kept the match with Statlander for Grand Slam? It doesn't seem like she's leaving on bad terms.

I absolutely cannot STAND when something I love watching (pro wrestling) decide to constantly put on big shows and big matches i might enjoy!

If there's too much wrestling just watch what you like. People referring to AEW as "terrible" of may "fail" when they just put 70,000+ bums in Wembley Stadium makes me laugh.

Don't watch ROH, don't watch Collision. They're running because they work for something or someone - whether it's content, TV rights etc. It would be stupid to remove anything. Even if they're making a loss, as long as they're winning overall (which they are).
Let them handle the business side - you handle watching the content you enjoy.

I genuinely feel no one hates Pro Wrestling more than Pro Wrestling fans.

5 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

My main annoyance over this news is surely they could have kept the match with Statlander for Grand Slam? It doesn't seem like she's leaving on bad terms.

I suppose it depends on when her contract expires. 

That said, Tony Khan's attitude towards women's wrestling seems pretty clear - it wouldn't shock me if this had indeed been an option.