The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Two blokes going for something and missing still looks better than two blokes doing ten counters and counter-counters smooth as silk in about seven seconds where it’s just obvious co-operation and nobody looks like they’re actually trying to hurt each other.

There are a couple of factors in terms of position, timing and synchronicity that suggest it was planned that way. We're very much in the dark ages in terms of innovation and creativity. I fear we're now at a stage where there's nothing new under the sun, so we'll either see truly brilliant ideas or second rate ones that would previously have been dismissed as daft. A less charitable reading would be that one of them called the move, and the other one was confused as to who was supposed to be doing what. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Amazing.

Gerwitz really thinks a lot of himself doesn’t he? I like the way he blames Cody but then doesn’t blame Cody. Completely tone deaf. I thought Cody behaved exactly how he should have in that situation. He’d have looked an idiot had he not.

Yeah, Fuckin A!

Go get em Rock!

You’re going to get your ass kicked, Roman!

Let’s do this!’

If this, or any version of this was "on paper" then it's not a case of poor execution on Rhodes part. He's recognised dogshit when it's served up to him and thought better of it. That's rotten, even in broad brush strokes. 

• Paid Members

My estimation of Cody went up ten times when I read this whine. As well as being a real Hogan of a nice bloke with kids and potential Make A Wish legend, he played the game like an expert, brother.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, air_raid said:

My estimation of Cody went up ten times when I read this whine. As well as being a real Hogan of a nice bloke with kids and potential Make A Wish legend, he played the game like an expert, brother.

I'm not a fan at all of Cody as a wrestler or promo but Cody the man - I love him for exactly those reasons. He's an old school carny as fuck throwback who will jump on any bandwagon, spout any kind of bullshit and play the game to be on top (the type we haven't had in years) but I also genuinely believe that he loves being the hero to the kids and making fans dreams come true.

Edited by LaGoosh