Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 18 Paid Members Posted September 18 (edited) It’s 100% confirmed now as well. Pico vs Keita is on. Marcel Dorff’s tweeted it. Edited September 18 by wandshogun09 Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 20 Paid Members Posted September 20 MSG in November… Some good stuff there but these MSG cards are nowhere near as stacked as they used to be. Gane vs Hokit is doing very little for me. Depressing that this is about the best and biggest Heavyweight fight we’ve got in 2026. Happy to see Harrison vs Nunes back on but, even that, Harrison’s coming off a neck injury and Nunes is coming off a three year layoff. Still, undeniably a big fight. Big step up for Belgaroui against Borralho. Not sure he’s ready but I like it. Medic vs Holland should be fun. Bilal Hasan is the Michael Jackson kid from the Shanghai card the other week. Looking forward to seeing him back in there. Shame they couldn’t get Wonderboy on the main card against a better opponent. From what I can gather this is his retirement fight. Dober vs Duncan is your likely FOTN. Bloodbath written all over that one. Miller vs McKinney is either gonna be a 30 second KO for McKinney or a submission for Miller any time after that. And I like Bia Mesquita and Adrian Yanez. Yeah, it’s not bad but I don’t know. I’m just not feeling Gane vs Hokit as a main event title fight. Gane being there off the back of fouls which directly forced Aspinall to vacate is bollocks. And Hokit has just been pushed into this position because they don’t have anyone else. The fact I’m gonna have to actually root for Gane pisses me off but here we are. Gane by double eye-poke/penalty kick to the balls combo please. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 21 Author Paid Members Posted September 21 One of those cards for me that gets better the more you look at it, lots lf action fighters on there. Quote
Dai Posted September 21 Posted September 21 In 2026, on the non PPV model and 'UFC is the draw' model, this is as good a main and prelim card as you'll ever get. That said, there is someone called Belgaroui that is third from top on an MSG show, and he was on the contender series 3 fights ago, and his last two wins were against fighters who dont have a Wikipedia page, so not exactly star power. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 21 Paid Members Posted September 21 34 minutes ago, Dai said: In 2026, on the non PPV model and 'UFC is the draw' model, this is as good a main and prelim card as you'll ever get. I must be alone in thinking it’s nothing special and by far one of the weakest MSG shows they’ve ever done then 🤣 Everywhere I look people seem to be acting like it’s stacked. If Gane vs Hokit (for a title neither of them deserve and are both only fighting for it through fucked up circumstances) is what passes for a great MSG main event these days then standards have dropped even further than I thought. It’s not a terrible card by any means but, even by 2026 standards, it’s not even the best main card/prelims mix this year when it comes to numbered cards. Much less as good as you’ll ever get. Quote
Dai Posted September 21 Posted September 21 I think standards are so low, and will only plummet further with time, that a main and co main which has four 'names', some decent names on the undercard, and then some recognisable people on the prelims is definitely considered a great card. Its definitely a weak as piss MSG card, but shouldn't even be compared to the others now I don't think, as this isnt a PPV, and the MSG novelty seems to have worn off the last few years too (it feels like the cards have been getting weaker and weaker, year on year). Personal hate aside, the main event is a heavyweight fight with two guys who have alot of traction now, and the co main is class too. That's all I expect from a UFC show these days to be fair. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 23 Author Paid Members Posted September 23 Look who RAF have dragged out the cupboard... Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted September 24 Paid Members Posted September 24 Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua: British heavyweight showdown set for Cardiff’s Principality Stadium on December 11 | Boxing News | Sky Sports https://share.google/qwlF9R57k0a4Vatkq I won't believe it until they are in the ring and the bell sounds for the first round. Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted September 24 Posted September 24 2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua: British heavyweight showdown set for Cardiff’s Principality Stadium on December 11 | Boxing News | Sky Sports https://share.google/qwlF9R57k0a4Vatkq I won't believe it until they are in the ring and the bell sounds for the first round. Yeah I'm not convinced by the actions in the lead to this we'll see Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted Sunday at 12:59 PM Paid Members Posted Sunday at 12:59 PM Main and co-main for UFC 335 in December got announced last night… I like it. Although I’ve got a feeling Pereira might be getting brutally slept this time. It’s a more straightforward fight than Gane was on paper, Pav’s not as awkward, but he’s more powerful than Gane and Pereira isn’t exactly slick defensively or hard to hit. I’m still not feeling Pereira as a HW. Oliveira vs Lopes should be tons of fun. Also confirmed for that card are Bo Nickal vs Joe Pyfer and Brandon Moreno vs Charles Johnson. Shaping up quite nicely. They also announced the Qatar card for late November recently and I’ve gotta say I’m a big fan of this. Easily one of the stronger Fight Night cards of the year on paper and better than some numbered events we’ve had IMO. I’d say the top five fights there could’ve headlined Fight Nights in their own right. Even Almabayev vs Horiguchi or faded Hooker vs shot Ortega, which don’t automatically scream main event, we’ve definitely had worse this year. Main event is an interesting one and I real serious test for Stirling. Aljo vs Vallejos is a great fight and, again, a legit step up for Vallejos. Hooker vs Ortega is whatever, both way past their best but it’ll probably be entertaining enough if Ortega shows up this time. Really hoping Horiguchi gets back on track but Almabayev is a tough rebound. Cannonier vs Aliskerov I’m not counting the days to but has slugfest potential. Solid card. And it’ll be on at UK prime time which obviously never hurts. Quote
Dai Posted Wednesday at 09:05 PM Posted Wednesday at 09:05 PM Yeah that Qatar card is a super strong top 5. Four really interesting bouts, and then a good named fight with Hooker/ Ortega . In terms of Pereira, it is very much a 'means to an end' fight, namely the end being a heavyweight title shot. If that carrot wasnt being dangled, then a non blockbuster heavyweight fight, with a super dangerous and legit 265er, seems crazy, and he would have been better heading back down to 205. A win here though and its a guaranteed title fight again. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted 20 hours ago Paid Members Posted 20 hours ago Should be a decent scrap as they are both about the same sort of ranking. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.