I've been watching JCP World Championship Wrestling episodically on the network for a while now and always enjoy the mixture of squash matches and interviews along with the occasional competitive match. 

The September 12th 1987 episode though truly is a hidden gem well worth seeking out. 

Nikita Koloff v Bobby Eaton

Arn Anderson v Barry Windham

The first time Sting is seen on WCW

Absolutely fantastic stuff! 

Thought this would be a good thread for people to share hidden gems be it full shows or matches, recent or historic

• 2 weeks later...

JCP World Championship Wrestling 5th December 1987

Another great show away from the studio this time as all matches/interviews take place from the Miami Beach Convention Centre. Highlights include:

Barry Windham v Larry Zbysco, Ric Flair v Michael Hayes, Barbarian and Warlord as a team as well as great interviews by Sting, Luger, Roadwarriors and Tully & Arn..

Great way to spend 90 mins! 

JCP World Championship Wrestling 26th December 1987

Another fantastic show filmed in Raleigh, NC.  Feature match is Midnight Express v The Super Powers (Dusty Rhodes & Nikita Koloff) in a great match that I'm sure was their standard house show match but it was great to see.  The crowd is fantastic all night, totally in to everything and not a cringy chant in sight! 

Features matches with Ron Garvin and Mighty Wilbur, Road Warriors, Sting, Michael Hayes, Dr Death, Eddie Gilbert and highlights from the evenings main event, a Bunkhouse Stampede.

Boxing Day 1987  had a top wrestling show on TBS.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, NavigatorFan said:

Cracking tag title match between champions Barry Windham/Lex Luger and Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard on the April 23 1988 episode of World Championship Wrestling. Highly recommended! 

Is this where Windham turns? 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

A potential spoiler

I know it’s a million years old but come on, people might want to find out by watching it.

Edited by air_raid

I'm watching episodically on the network and watching ppvs and clashes as they fit in. The episodes run up to around GAB 89 although it'll be a while until I get there as just starting May 88. I'm hoping that by the time I get there the network has uploaded some more content to fill the gap between 1989 when JCP ends and 1992 when Saturday Night started! 

• Paid Members

"WCW All Nighter" from 1995 has a brilliant match between Steve Austin vs Ricky Steamboat from a "Clash of the Champions in 1994" event. It's bloody amazing. It's right at the start. Might have been Steamboat's last WCW match.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
On 12/24/2021 at 12:19 AM, Chasingamymatt said:

Dunno how hidden it is but just watched Great American Bash 1989, decent undercard, really good Wargames match and a classic Funk/Flair main event. well worth checking out.

Plus it has the dynamic dudes on the undercard who are always hilarious, for the wrong reasons.

I've got that on a really shonky VHS somewhere. It's not a bad show. The two ring battle royal is a thing. The Sting/Muta/Flair/Funk stuff is interesting. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Tell you whats a Hidden Gem. Austin v Mankind on Raw the night after 'Its Time' in December 96. Vince bizarrely builds it as a 'Tough Man' contest for some reason, and to be fair he's probably correct. Anyway, these two beat the shit out of each other for a good 15 minutes, it's starts off a little low key, but by the halfway mark the crowd are into it and they know its something special.

These two men are out to prove a point. They both got the shaft from WCW in the past year or so and they want to put on a show for the few lads that are actually watching Raw in December 96.

It's a great match and is the blueprint for the Austin v Dude matches 18 months later.

Edited by Max Power