4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

For anyone who wants to surf through all the weird and wonderful nonsense the Olympics has to offer you can get discovery streaming for 3.99 for a month to cover the duration, seeing as bbc will mainly be carrying the mainstream stuff.

I'm quite tempted -this is one of the very few sports things I get excited by.

Speed climbing is amazing to watch too! I know it's a bit 'samey' but the speed they fly up those walls never fails to impress me

• Members

There has already been a coordinated attack on the French rail system: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/jul/26/vandals-target-french-rail-network-olympics-opening-ceremony

This might not have been the best place to hold it...

The last time I went to Paris, some kids stole my baguette, attempted to put some banger fireworks in it, gave it back to me and then tried lighting them while I was holding it, while screaming BON ANNEE at me. They're mental.

The Skateboarding Mens Street final at 4pm is the first days highlight for me. First proper day I guess as a bunch of events have already started.

Interested in the US Mens basketball teams progress starting on Sunday. They have an incredibly star studded team led by Lebron James this Olympics. They haven't particularly impressed in the recent warm up games though and have a tough test against Serbia in their first game.

• Paid Members

Just want to put in place my usual rant that we shouldn't have football at the Olympics but should have futsal and beach soccer instead.

• Paid Members

The breaking competition will be both interesting and a bit wistful for me - I've got a couple of breakers on my roster trying out for TeamGB. Neither got in, which is disappointing, but the big shock was that NONE of TeamGB made it, which is insane given how many champions the UK has produced. A guy who used to be on our roster, Sunni, has gone on to be a multiple Red Bull BC One champion, and he didn't qualify!