The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Did I miss something? What did Italy do wrong aside from win a game against England fairly and squarely?

I grew up in a town with a large Sicilian community therefore a lot of my friends are Italian, so we relish in each others downfall. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

Gareth Bale is the most clutch player ever. Discuss.

It’s true. As a Spurs fan, I’ll never forget his superb goal against Chelsea in the FA Cup semi final, rescuing what could have been a severe humiliation and turning it into a heroic 5-1 loss.

• Paid Members

A certain garbage newspaper has as their front page headline today that George Clooney is allegedly in talks with a consortium to buy Derby County. 

2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Still knackered/wrecked after Thuesday night. They need to ban allowing nightclubs in big cities to stay open until 4am....

I hope he signs for Barca on a free.

I hope he comes back for a couple of months to be honest. A farewell lap in a stadium full of people that love him? Yes please.

• Paid Members

John Terry wants to buy a stake of Chelsea https://news.sky.com/story/chelsea-fc-sale-terry8217s-true-blues-consortium-in-8220positive8221-talks-over-purchase-of-stake-12578384

Hows that going to work because surely any of the bidders want to buy the club not a percentage.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

It literally explains that when you read the link. 

Yes, I see that a couple of the bidders have had positive talks, and this is obviously if 1) One of those bidders is successful and 2) If the valuation stays lower which many are suggesting could sell a lot more. And also what does having 10% even get them. A couple of seats at the table, but they won’t be able to have any real decisions at that amount of ownership. Or as boardlevel at football clubs isn’t a world I’ve looked much into, does it?

12 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Why exactly did Spurs get rid of Eriksen? Absolute madness. Haven't come remotely close to replacing his creativity and control. 

Because he didn't want to sign a new deal and they didn't want him to leave for free, so they 'cashed in' for £15m or thereabouts. 

Also, because they are absolute idiots.

• Paid Members

He had six months of his contract left and told the club he wanted to leave. There’s no “get rid” in the scenario, he knew Inter wanted him and wanted to go, told Mourinho as much, and that was that. Other than, you know, being better or tying him down for longer when they were qualifying for the Champions League, there wasn’t much more the club could have done to keep him.

• Paid Members

Ah I didn't realise he wanted out, I've seen the documentary as well and vaguely recall scenes with him sitting down with Levy and Mourinho, but can't remember what happened as my brain is only triggering memories of the cracking Danny Rose meeting.