How do you solve a problem like the AEW roster?

RedRooster

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Brandon Cutler - I just don't see what he brings to the table that others don't

Michael Nakazawa - There are better comedy workers out there, and many on the AEW roster already.

QT Marshall - Finish his break-up with Dustin Rhodes and sack him off. Again, adds nothing, muddies the waters of what the Nightmare Family is all about. Get that faction down to the bare minimum.

Leva Bates - One of the weaker wrestlers on the women's roster, get rid.

These four, I'm pretty sure, are all people that are doing double-duty. Nakazawa, I believe, is effectively their Japan liaison and translator, and from how she's been involved in so much of Brandi's shows, I'm fairly sure Leva is either Brandi's assistant or one of her producers. QT is obviously a trainer, and Cutler does BTE production.

While I get the thinking (they're there already, so you might as well get more use out of them), that doesn't mean you need to use TV time on them. Out of the four of them, Cutler seems to have the most potential (and I did like his feud with Peter Avalon), but he really doesn't belong higher than Heat any time soon. I'm oddly fond of Leva Bates, but I'm fine with her just being around rather than wrestling or being too featured. 

That said, QT Marshall can keep fucking off. Zero interest in seeing him at all.

On 3/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, Chris B said:

If I was Tony Khan, I'd be very tempted to hire Jimmy Havoc again just so I could immediately fire him the second he signed his contract. The previous time was under particularly awkward circumstances, and I'd worry I hadn't been able to savour and enjoy firing him enough the first time.

Wow this was amazing virtue signalling let’s hope one of the WWF Divas happened to chance across this, you might get a phone call from one of them could lead to a date or even better matrimony. 

1 hour ago, robinbobs said:

Wow this was amazing virtue signalling let’s hope one of the WWF Divas happened to chance across this, you might get a phone call from one of them could lead to a date or even better matrimony. 

If you’re going to troll, put some effort into it at least. 

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

If you’re going to troll, put some effort into it at least. 

Im not trolling, I’m just speaking my truth. That’s what discourse is. But it seems like if you want to post on here you just have to agree with everything.

17 minutes ago, robinbobs said:

Im not trolling, I’m just speaking my truth. That’s what discourse is. But it seems like if you want to post on here you just have to agree with everything.

You don't have to agree - many people on here don't and have perfectly civil conversations about their disagreements - just don't talk absolute bollocks like you're doing.

The forum's been up for 20 years. It was only a matter of time before a new generation of thrusting young buck upstarts came in and tried to make a name for themselves, with their 'edgy' content and 'truth bombs'. It used to be, you had to wait in the wings, watching the regulars post, getting the flow and timing your spots. Can't just chuck a comma out there without doing the work so the crowd are foaming at the mouth for the run-on. These kids don't even know to capitalise after a full stop. Backyard shit. Nowadays, they think they can run into a thread and hit a spot for a pop, and act surprised when the vets pull them up on their popcorn BS. You're killing the business, kids.

5 hours ago, robinbobs said:

I’m confused. Is it ‘virtue signalling’ to be opposed to grave allegations of abuse these days? I’m well aware that right-wing politics revolves around being a hateful cunt these days, but I’d at least have thought the left and right could happily agree on this particular issue...

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, robinbobs said:

Oh, this isn't virtue signalling. The difficult circumstances I referred to were the multiple stories of abuse including emotional, physical and rape, and these were why he was fired the first time. 

But the satisfaction I was referring to was wanting him fired because he was deeply, deeply shit in AEW. He was in it for over a year and the only memorable thing he did on TV was wear a decent gimmick suit outside the ring and staple a cheque to a wall. 

He should have been fired for being a shit wrestler, but his shitness as a human being got in the way of that. And that's a shame, because there should have been some real smug satisfaction in his being fired.

14 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Oh, this isn't virtue signalling. The difficult circumstances I referred to were the multiple stories of abuse including emotional, physical and rape, and these were why he was fired the first time. 

But the satisfaction I was referring to was wanting him fired because he was deeply, deeply shit in AEW. He was in it for over a year and the only memorable thing he did on TV was wear a decent gimmick suit outside the ring and staple a cheque to a wall. 

He should have been fired for being a shit wrestler, but his shitness as a human being got in the way of that. And that's a shame, because there should have been some real smug satisfaction in his being fired.

I had no idea rape was involved I just thought he’d been a cunt.

My bad.

I take it back, theres still a chance.

36 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m confused. Is it ‘virtue signalling’ to be opposed to grave allegations of abuse these days? I’m well aware that right-wing politics revolves around being a hateful cunt these days, but I’d at least have thought the left and right could happily agree on this particular issue...

Just wanted to ask though, where do you get the idea I’m Right Wing?