This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Torn between wanting to see Logan Paul humiliated and wanting him to do better than Conor

And Mayweather’s a cunt as well. There’s nobody to root for in any combination of that lot.

Anyway, sod all that. Anthony Joshua is boxing Pulev and fighting Junior Dos Santos in the UFC on the same night this Saturday.  

C4B84F3D-AF84-451A-B6D6-E0C08F44A114.jpeg

On 12/7/2020 at 3:10 PM, stewdogg said:

He'll be substantially larger than Mayweather won't he?

Anyway, I can't see how this is a safe fight, the bloke's had 2 boxing matches and lost both against KSI. Now he wants to fight arguably the greatest boxer of all time? Even with a big size difference he could get hurt really badly.

He most likely won't though, because it'll be an exhibition just like the Conor fight. You know, where Floyd comes in like Creed in Rocky I and fucks about, playing to the crowd and putting on a show for the cameras.

"The Italian Stallion vs Apollo Creed. Sounds like a damn monster movie!"

spacer.png

I'm entirely convinced that Mayweather has an unspoken agreement with the commission that he'll just play with them until they get tired and eventually topple over. Like Conor did.

• Paid Members

Only just catching up on the Anthony Yarde vs Lyndon Arthur stuff from the BT show last week. It got lost in the shuffle for me with Saunders vs Murray, Spence vs Garcia and the UFC show all going on. Wasn’t the best fight but I was happy to see Arthur win. I don’t hate Yarde like some do and he’s had a crappier year than most but I do find him and Tunde annoying and I quite like the Barrett/Lyndon team so I was pulling for them anyway. Yarde and Tunde have been spouting off like it was the worst robbery ever but there really was nothing in it. I felt like Arthur just shaded it but I wasn’t exactly scoring it with real concentration and when the decision was being announced I thought it would probably go to Yarde with him being seen as the bigger prospect and with the late flurry. 

Like with any razor close decision, theres been back and forth between the camps. Here’s Pat Barrett cutting a 30 minute promo on Tunde, Yarde, the interviewer for not being prepared, everyone gets a bit of it.

Love that. I don’t think anyone has the nerve to correct him that it’s Kovalev not ‘Kolarov’ though, or whatever he kept calling him 

He seems adamant there’s not going to be an immediate rematch but if it was in the contract it’s going to be messy.

Yarde: I can’t get past the jab.

Tunde: LIONS IN THE CAMP! 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Fucking bollocks! I still forgot about that even after Jim posted about it in this very thread earlier.

Edit - OK what are Channel 5 doing? They’re making a right arse of these random ad breaks. 

Edited by wandshogun09

The Yarde/Arthur does have a rematch clause in it but not an immediate one. Unbelievable that a challenger for The Commonwealth title has a rematch clause incase he loses.

I thought Arthur won.

Yarde and Tunde and the crew look like they are having a great time on the ride but if Yarde is serious about progressing he does need a whole new corner. 

“Empty the tank”  

• Paid Members

Loved Yarde/Arthur. One of those fights where I got super engaged in it despite there being a lack of real action. I was also super surprised that Arthur the nod. I wasnt scoring and may have had Arthur just in front but I just didnt see him getting the decision, amazing moment, especially considering Yarde was so convinced he'd won it.

IMG_20201212_085550.thumb.jpg.b785818fe0ba4cead38efa4f90700ff5.jpg

There's been a huge backlash to Tunde and Yarde's camp afterwards but it just seems to fuelling them. Tunde is laughing off any criticism and it'll just make em shout louder. They are very easy to hate on though. Yarde's whole camp are such 'yes' men he genuinely believed he was cruising that when he really needed a bit of a boot up the arse, he wasn't doing enough.

No one else picked up on it, but Tunde only telling Yarde after round 8 that he suspected Arthur has hurt his right hand was telling though, Arthur wasn't really using it from the start, dunno why it took him 8 rounds to notice.

Id love the immediate rematch though.

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Id love the immediate rematch though.

Can't see it going much different really. In fact, if Arthur boxed Yarde's head off with one hand, he'll likely do much better with two. I think Yarde is a decent fighter, but he's far too one dimensional to make it to the top I think.