WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Those DOA costume packs are the dirt worst. I think there's about a grand's worth of costumes available for the game, and a few extra characters. It's not a bad game either. They don't even do a character season pass, you have to buy them separately, but can et the costumes in bundles. 

Then to unlock the few costumes that were in game you have to grind missions and online fights to earn the costumes piece by piece at random. Once upon a time they'd randomise which character's costume you were unlocking as well until there was a massive stink kicked up over that. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Nobody is forcing the weirdos playing DOA to pay £70 for a a couple of peep hole bikini outfits

9 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Those DOA costume packs are the dirt worst. I think there's about a grand's worth of costumes available for the game

Do you reckon anyone on here has spunked loads of money into this?~

• Paid Members

I've paid for characters, but not the costumes. I've seen how much is on there when you're trawling through the store to buy them, though. 

• Paid Members

Holly Vallance? Surely it's big Kev as Bass that we really want. 

1567729436-006DOA_Kevin_Nash_005.jpg

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Anyone spending £1000 on that game probably would wear Holly Valance's skin if it was offered to them.

Edit: There's an RPG called WrestleQuest on its way this summer, starring Andre, Jake, etc:

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Paid Members

Looks like it could be interesting. The graphics of Savage, Jake & Andre almost look like Hasbros there. 

• Paid Members

So I decided to give UFC 4 a run out since I downloaded it for free via PlayStation Plus a few weeks ago.

It looks absolutely amazing on PS5 but fuck me, are the controls awkward and sluggish as hell. I just can’t time anything right as it feels like there’s a full second between pressing a button and it actually performing the strike. Has absolutely none of the sharpness that say, a Fight Night title from PS3 had.

• Paid Members

Street Fighter V's Definitive Update arrives on March 29th. It's probably the final patch, and features some interesting looking changes to some characters' moves and v-skills in terms of recovery, active frames and even entire effects. This opens some new combo options up as well. I can't imagine any of it is getting Daigo playing Ryu again anytime soon, but they've released it just in time for people to get training on it in time for EVO. It almost looks like somebody saw those big long combo strings in KOF15 and said "we want some of that". Maybe it's a taste of what to expect in Street Fighter 6 as well? There are also some new graphic filters are there as well. The Cel Shaded style looks nice, and the pixel are style looks interesting, but unless you're sticking it on the classic character designs because you can't be arsed digging out Street Fighter 2 it looks like it might be hard to play in that style regularly. The graphic filters are only available offline. The tracksuit costumes have got eight extra colours, and a few of the music tracks have been remixed. Unless there's some straight up ridiculously broken stuff in the game as a result of this that they decide to patch out I can't imagine there'll be anymore patches for SFV now. 

Also saw a video of this game this morning, which looks interesting. It's not Gigabash, but interesting that two Kaiju themed brawlers are coming out around the same time. 

• Paid Members

Anybody else played the new tracks on Mario Kart 8? I had a look at them on Thursday night, probably because they'd already released in Japan. I liked how the Paris track changed lap to lap, which I think is to do with the city themed tracks having two or three different versions in Mario Kart Tour. The Tokyo track is similar. The retro tracks are fine. The addition of the flying section in choco Mountain is good, it breaks the track up nicely. Shroom Ridge doesn't seem to have been changed at all. 

Some people have been datamining and speculated on what tracks are coming in future, or at least where the tracks have been taken from. If the rumours are true it'll be good to see DK Mountain again, even if it is in the snow form of DK Peak. It's one of my favourite tracks. There's plenty of speculation and fan demand that the last cup that comes out late next year will be all Rainbow Roads, which would make for a very challenging prospect. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Anybody else played the new tracks on Mario Kart 8?

I've had a go on each. The ones I won are ace, the ones I lost are the drizzling shits and clearly as broken as No Mercy's reversal system.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I liked how the Paris track changed lap to lap

Nice, there have been a couple along these lines haven't there? The Animal Crossing one comes to mind, possibly the Wii Sports Resort track in Mario Kart 7 too- which I really hope they add. Haven't they revealed all 48 tracks beforehand then?

I'm going to wait until they release more tracks before I chuck some money to get it. 

And yes, Rainbow Road circuits are dirge.