Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

The James English show is a great watch/listen. He's had a few other boxers & mma fighters on. Off the top of my head:

Lyndon Arthur, Mark Prince, Darren Till, Anthony Crolla, Alex Reid, Chris Bunguard.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:50 PM, wandshogun09 said:

What next, Steve Collins is finally going to fight Joe Calzaghe? 

Possibly so:

Other names are now coming forward to stake their claim to a taste of the paid platform money. Glenn McCrory and Steve Collins, to name just two. - Heavyweight’s brain battle a stark warning to Mike Tyson – new PPV fad | World Boxing News

Elsewhere, I still think this game will be utter shit.

But given that they have added Usyk and Glenn McCrory as playable characters, I still might buy it. 

• Paid Members

i dont know whats up with BT Boxing, but appparently next week's Herring/Frampton fight will be airing live on IFL's Youtube channel nstead of BT 🤔 Twitter seem to think it has something to MTK Global.

IMG_20210325_132731.thumb.jpg.6b34586e875f2d7bfdb2d833b7eedaab.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

dunno if anyone noticed/cares, but Antonio Tarver is out of his fight with Frank Mir on the Paul/Askren card. Tarver couldn't get licensed. Rumor is that Steve Cunningham will step in to replace Tarver.

The WBC will crown its first bridgerweight champion when Colombia's Oscar Rivas faces Philadelphia's Bryant Jennings in a card tentatively scheduled for June 18 in Canada, sources confirmed to ESPN KNOCKOUT on Friday. The Athletic's Lance Pugmire was first to report the fight.

The bridgerweight division will have a weight limit of 200-224 pounds. The WBC is the only organization that offers that division and ranks Rivas No. 1 and Jennings No. 3.

What a load of bollocks. Another weight division set up so the WBC gets paid more in title sanctioning fee's. If this was such a problem they could expand the cruiserweight division. And that division was set up because the size difference between light heavyweight and heavyweight was too large.

Also putting Jennings in there, who hasn't won a fight in two years. Instead of no.2 ranked Kevin Lerena who hasn't lost in six years is a sham. Was anyone urging for Rivas vs Jennings 2. I don't even remember the first fight.

I’m just watching Rivas v Whyte on Sky Sports actually. Don't care what anyone says, they are both juiced up to the gills, especially Rivas. I still find it strange how Whytes “b sample” came back different from his “A” sample. Absolute bollocks. As much as i love boxing, you only have to look at someone like Whyte as a prime example, look at the shape he is in now compared to 5 years ago. 

Whyte has had 2 fights back since Rivas and looked terrible in one and got sparked out in the other. People were saying he was trying to box, maybe he didn't have the engine to go like he used to due to lack of the usual vitamins?

All elite athletes with the correct doctors are on silly amounts of medication until the medication gets put on the banned list. Then the pharmacies change the name of drug and a 0.001% of the ingredients and the cycle continues. 

Just with boxing, its alot more dangerous to be on drugs than most other sports. 

Anyway, i will still pay £20 tomorrow to watch Povetkin - a 2 time proven drug cheat to fight Whyte - a one time proven   PED cheat and 1 time (sorta drug cheat - dianabol - is the rumour) try and knock each other senseless!. 

Look forward to it 🥊.