The did-they-face-one-another thread

RedRooster

14 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Are they spelling it Knoble? I think he had that spelling for a bit in WCW and some people never got out of the habit.

I’ve just realised I fucked up. I was trying to see if Kurt Angle faced Noble, but chose Angle as the first wrestler.

Turns out that if you only get a list of opponents after you choose wrestler 1, not a list of every wrestler. Meaning I’d unknowingly found the answer to my question, they didn’t ever wrestle.

Edited by RedRooster

Did Bret actually do some wrestling matches when he returned to WWE then?  I know there was that shitshow with Vince at Wrestlemania but I thought he simply couldn't wrestle any more by that point.

Jericho could have been a good adversary for Bret in 98, but not sure they had clear plans for either, let alone anything between the two. Could have happened early in Bret's tenure there, when Jericho was doing the crybaby schtick after losing. That would have probably been the likeliest time.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Loki said:

Did Bret actually do some wrestling matches when he returned to WWE then?  I know there was that shitshow with Vince at Wrestlemania but I thought he simply couldn't wrestle any more by that point.

He didn’t really wrestle, but he won the US title from The Miz. I’m pretty sure he won with the sharpshooter, but I think Kidd and Smith did all the work to soften Miz up. 

He was in the main event at Summerslam between wwe and nexus where he mostly threw soft, awkward punches at Heath Slater during the brawling and got DQ’d later on. I’m sure there was something else involving him in the ring with Nexus guys after Summerslam. But it was neither better nor worse than the McMahon mania match. 

Edited by TheBurningRed