The did-they-face-one-another thread

RedRooster

The idea behind this thread is to find out if specific wrestlers ever faced one another, and, if possible, track down said match or at the very least details about it.

The reason I ask this is because I can’t find Any evidence of Matt Hardy and Shawn Michaels ever meeting in the ring, which seems impossible given how long they worked for the same company.

Did this actually happen? 

Edited by RedRooster

3 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I think they were on the same side of a multi man match. But I couldnt say when or why. 

Basically my comment was useless. But in fairness that's normal, I'm married.

See, I searched for DX vs The Hardys too, thinking that this surely must have happened but I could only find matches where they teamed up. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I think they were on the same side of a multi man match. But I couldnt say when or why. 

Survivors 06  - DX, Hardy Boyz & CM Punk vs Rated RKO, Mike Knox, Greg Helms & Johnny Nitro.

The match best remembered for Shawn eliminating Knox in milliseconds & then asking Hunter who he was.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Did Eddie Guerrero and HBK ever cross paths? Wasn’t that the rumoured Wrestlemania match before Eddie died? That would’ve either been the best or most disappointing one-on-one of all time.

Never, according to Cagematch. Similar to a Lesnar/Michaels situation in that they were rarely if ever on the same brand.

As for Bret and Jake, this is the only one that I think made tape;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZWHXu2FX28

(Hart Foundation & Honky Tonk Man vs. Tito Santana, Jake Roberts & Bruno Sammartino)

Just now, RedRooster said:

The idea behind this thread is to find out if specific wrestlers ever faced one another, and, if possible, track down said match or at the very least details about it.

The reason I ask this is because I can’t find Any evidence of Matt Hardy and Shawn Michaels ever meeting in the ring, which seems impossible given how long they worked for the same company.

Did this actually happen? 

I don't want to kill this dead, but there is a fantastic source at https://www.wrestlingdata.com/ that does this for you.

On the left hand side of the home page, under the Particulars sub-section, if you click on Encounters and then enter the details of the wrestlers you are interested in, it will bring up all the times they wrestled in the same match, as either opponents or partners.

12 hours ago, Statto said:

Survivors 06  - DX, Hardy Boyz & CM Punk vs Rated RKO, Mike Knox, Greg Helms & Johnny Nitro.

The match best remembered for Shawn eliminating Knox in milliseconds & then asking Hunter who he was.

And the crowd going nuts for CM Punk at the start, and Trips and HBK having to acknowledge it by letting him join in the DX 'Are you ready stuff'.

Closest I can think of for HBK and Brock was Brock breaking HBK's arm as part the Triple H angle he did around Mania 29 time.